www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We live up north here and I'm thinking of approaching a couple of ball golf courses with the idea of installing a tonal course on their muni lands while the course is closed for the winter. There would still be a few ball golfers out there so just kind of wondering if anyone has had good success combining both types of golf on a ball course. Best to follow the ball golf flow? Best to go counter clockwise? Better to stay on the edges and throw up the sides? Anybody got any successful ideas or do ball and disc golf just not mix? Got any insights or opinions?  Thanks. 

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Find another course. There are more golf courses than McDonalds's.

The golf courses who are good candidates to add (or convert to) disc golf are the ones who aren't getting much business, probably aren't advertised mush, and are a little harder to find.

Even a poorly maintained 9 hole golf course is a really good place for disc golf.

Let me know when you find one.
Or, convert that abandoned golf course 7 miles WSW of town out on Wallace Road.
I think ball golf and disc golf go together well. The pars are very close actually, playing from existing tees to a basket set pin high and 100ft left or right of the green and playing the greens ob for disc golfers. Try it if your a bomber arm, you can shoot low 70's. It's quite impressive to the ball golfers. This based on my experience only on a public golf course in Winnsboro, LA
And ... it is quite EASY to beat a ball golfer on a par 3 ball golf course. Most of what they call par 3 holes are very easy to get a 3 on with a disc, even using the pin as an object target. (Just, no spike hyzer tombstones on the green, please!)
I've sent the proposal away to the Gold River Golf Course ... town of about 1000 we'll see what happens

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968