www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Are some baskets harder on discs than others?

what are your experiences?

(I've been practice putting at a course that has the Innova baskets w/the yellow rim around the top- these baskets seem to really tear apart a disc when you hit high on the edge of the rim around the basket- chunks of the bead are already missing on brand new kc pro aviars and s. wizards. the rim is pretty sharp up top, isn't this a design flaw?)

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh btw Larry Mann I am one of those stupid designers who use those baskets and I do play lots of golf. Get a freakin life whiner!
I agree the Yellow Bands are the shit ! Makes it easy to find the baskets in the woods .BTW the band isn't there for you to hit try aiming about 6" below it . Ever think of how many long comebackers that band saves ?

It's not the yellow band that's the problem. Yellow has nothing to do with it and I also like the fact they help you find the basket from the tee through a lot of trees.

At the same time I also disagree with the comments that you shouldn't hit that part of the basket. That's a poor excuse for not making sure the sharp edges do not exist.Golfers will always hit all parts of the target, the designers of the baskets should keep this in mind.

The yellow band is good, sharp edges anywhere on the target are not. I'm a machine designer, I know these problems can be easily solved.

I played on baskets like these and loved them. But the ones I'm thinking of were not tied together at the bottom. The course was in Ft Wayne, I played tournaments there back in the early 90s. Can't remember the name of the park but it had a swimming pool.

I also think the plastic tubes were rapped around heavier chains and the baskets were huge. Those baskets were great for putting confidence, a huge sweet spot.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968