www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been throwing a bar stamp buzzz for the past couple years, and got my first tournament ace with the same disc.  I hear a lot about these discs selling for a ton.  It does not say Wasp on the inside rim, or have any first run stamp, but are people going crazy for any bar stamp buzzz, and why?

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Belief in the magic disc is rampant in disc golf.  The disc itself changes from season to season.  But the belief that one run, as evidenced by the stock stamp or the way the weight is written, is superior to any other similar disc ever made never dies.

I once sold a bunch of Star T-Birds to a player who was adamant that if they had an S rather than a star written on the bottom they were superior.  Or the other way around.  He's Innova sponsored so I assumed he knew what he was talking about.  So the next time I ordered I asked one of the warehouse guys about that and he said he'd ask around.  Turns out that there are two guys who weigh Star TBirds and one writes STB and the other makes a starTB, and it has nothing to do with the run. 

Kelsey likes First Run 150 Z Flicks.  With that disc they did tweak the mold or the molding process after the first run to make the disc more overstable.  So sometimes a particular stamp does signify a difference in the disc itself.

oops, just realized I typed "Bat" instead of "Bar"

I removed the outer ring part of the stamp from my Buzzz before I even new they used to be bar stamped.  I thought it made it look better because you could see more of the disc color.  But it looks like a bar stamp one now.    

Some info on the topic here:  http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22563

I sold 3 of them recently. I put mine on ebay about 2 weeks ago, when there were no other Bar Stamped Buzzz's listed. One sold for $42 new, one sold for $41 used & the last one sold for $35.

Were they all first runs, or second first runs?

Or were they just bar stamped?

Nothing special, Just Bar Stamped

Collectors markets do no have to be rational.

I have first runs and second first runs and bar stamped Buzzzes in my collection and from time to time have had some of each in my bag.  At the moment I have 3 Buzzzes in my bag and all of them are standard runs.  What makes all of the special is that they are all flat, fly great and I have them memorized.

If any of the older runs flew better in my hands they would be in my tournament bag.  I bet the next run of flat topped Buzzzes will fly just like the rest of them.

"The best ROCK ever made is a BUZZ!", Mark Ellis.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968