www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

the stats on the beast for turn and fade are the same as the valkyrie, but the speed and glide are greater (beast: S:10, G:5, T:-2, F:2 - valkyrie: S:9, G:4, T:-2, F:2). I love my champ valks, but I want to get a little more distance. does the beast fly like a valk, only a little further due to speed and glide? anyone with experience, speak up; good or bad. thanks.

Views: 513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robey, I think you're correct. I know my form and consistency need improvement. And I can drive my Valk pretty well as far as my distance range is considered. I don't have a big arm, so I rely on accuracy and consistency very heavily. My question regarding the Beast is concerning the glide portion. I was thinking if the flight pattern was similar to the Valk, maybe the glide would help with adding a few more feet. Rescue made a good argument though; the speed parameter of a disc must be considered as a factor in being able to achieve the glide portion of the flight characteristics.

As I try to add more power to my drives with the Valk, to get the desired extra distance, I'm turning the disc over and not getting the result I'm looking for. Hence, the question regarding the Beast. In the end, I'll experiment with some new discs, and continue to enjoy this great sport of disc golf.

Again, thanks for all the comments and advise.
i too have a champ valk 168 and a champ beast 172. The beast is still getting broke in,but for distance accuarcy and all around favorite dic my valk is my go to. Im still a weak am, but i can get my champ valk 350 or better and cannot come close with anything else.

to each his own
I have both in champ plastic, and actually get better distance and control with the valk. I dont really care for the beast much. try a esp avenger ss. great distance and killer consistent flight paths.
or just throw a buzzz. thatz good anytime.
I have been all Valk for years now.Personally I don't get any major distance difference out of CE or Star, always about the same. The Katana does interest me and I agree that the few times I threw the Avenger SS it seemed to compliment my typical Valk patern with a little more distance.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968