www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What up with innova? Over the years I have noticed that Innova discs have gone downhill with consistency. My theory is they over use the molds or dont have a mold repair shop. Either way I still chuck em but they are never quite the same.

Views: 494

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only issue I have had was w the star wraiths being stupid overstable. Happened w two in a row from different places so gave up on the star wraith and scaled down to an orc and am very happy I did.

The only thing that I really noticed was when they came out with the Star Katana and it was flat topped and way more overstable than the Lemon Lake discs that were previously out. I now throw a variety of plastic from different companies (DGA, Skyquest, Westside, Lat64, Discraft) but Innova discs still make up more than half of my bag.

My Star Beast has been really over stable, it's starting to a beat in but it's taking a while. 

Contact Dave D. at Innova for more specific answers.

my star beast flies much like a pro or a DX in the same mold.. the champ, however, is a whole different beast(pun intended) 

I've found the exact same difference with the destroyer mold.. the champ version is just a different disc.

I use a DX Rhyno for my main putter and I've heard that the star plastic Rhyno is way domey by comparison to DX and champ.

Buy CE plastic, problem solved ;) Oh, and bank acount empty too lol. I think you nailed it with the molds. I also think they seem to be going quantity over quality. I'm sorry to see this happen.

I've had the same issue with star wraiths.  I don't throw them anymore.

love champion sidewinders,like the pro wraith,and yes dx destroyer over same disc in diff plastic,that thing can take a cranking,so what if you have to buy a new one 6-8 months later,great distance at a cheap price

Yep I was almost done with Innova because of this but there new blizzard champion boss brought innova back in my bag. It is a shame that the Star Wraith, Star Sidewinder, and Star Katana turned into something they never started off as. I have not seen any issues with Champ plastic yet, but then again im not a huge fan of champ plastic anyway.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968