www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have an old beat up very overstable (was) Tracer. I've had it for 17 years. I swear this disc has turned understable. Do overstable discs turn understable when beat up? If so, is it all overstable discs or just some? Or am I just crazy!?

Tags: Tracer, discraft, overstable, understable

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Old discs never die , they just turnover !
You are not crazy, well maybe not? All discs become more understable with time and enough tree hits and road skips.
some of my favorite discs are beat overstable discs , like my pro destroyer or star wraith,
Well said Donny!!!
I have a 10X KC Pro Banshee that can turnover. Had it since the summer of 2002.
Oh, Vangerman! How restrictive you sound.

A disc should be used for whatever it can do well, even if it was once stable but ain't no more.

Way back in the day, before the advent of candy plastic ( so like 6 or 7 years ago), drivers changed more readily than they do now. At one time the best forehand disc on the market (imho) was the X-Clone. Within 6 months an X-Clone could go from fresh to severely beat up (from overstable as heck to flippy). My drivers were X-Clones. The only drivers in my bag were X-Clones. I carried 13 of them which ran the whole gamut of stability.

So my understable drivers were overstable when they were molded. I never thought I was violating the sanctity of the disc to keep using it as it changed flight patterns. Once you find a disc which fits in the hand well and flies well at the speed you throw, you want that disc in every (usable) stability variation.

It is the same rule in Mids. I carry 3 Buzzzes including one really best up.

With candy drivers the only reason not to break an overstable driver down to an understable driver is due to the time delay it would take.
i have a pro fire bird that will turn so easy it isn't even funny it is probally at least ten years old

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968