www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi, I'm pretty new to Disc Golfing.  I've been playing since last fall and have quickly become quite obsessed with the sport.  However, my throws don't really have much distance or accuracy off the Tee.  I throw right hand forehand to try and get as much power as I can but I'm wondering if I'm using discs that may be more difficult for me to throw right now.  I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good forehand beginner driver?

Thanks

Tags: Beginner, distance, driver, forehand

Views: 1189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks a lot.  I've been throwing a few different discs but none of them really are working for me...right now.
Thanks a lot.  I like that "beatedupedness".

I recently got into throwing forehand myself after throwing only backhand and overhand shots for the year I have been playing. I have no real snap yet. So, about the most stable thing I throw forehand is a brand new Champion Wraith. I can get out to 230-250ft, if I am lucky. My new FAVORITE flick disc for upshots under about 175ft is the Champion and Star Eagle . Dead Nutz STRAIGHT for me with a predictable Finish. The Star Eagle in my bag is a 150gm. It takes NO EFFORT to Flick it on a B-E-A-utiful line. I hit basket on a 140-145ft upshot yesterday with it. Nice little forehand flex shot. GREAT DISC for that... :)

Thanks a lot.  I've been throwing a few different discs and I just need to keep trying I guess.  Thanks for the advice.

I've been a forhand driver for about 12years...still the best forehand drivers in my bag are 2 11x teebirds...champ monster...nuke ss...a dx teebird and sometimes a dx or banshee

Thanks a lot.  That's definately going to help out!

i agree that both eagles and teebirds are good sidearm discs for various straight lines

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968