www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been buying and testing drivers every week it seems like lately.
Any suggestions from anybody on one?

Tags: 64, Discraft, Driver, Innova, Lat

Views: 536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For an "all around" driver. I go to the old school ones and that's a toss up between my Valkyrie and Orc. There are faster ones out there for sure, but these two can do it all in my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestions.  It may be my technique but I'm having a problem pinning down one driver that can really do everything for me.

TeeBird !!!

My go to driver is the Lat. 64 Gold Line Flow. I throw +/- 300' on average. I get a nice flex out of it when thrown flat. It holds a nice anhyzer when needed and when thrown with slight hyzer it flips up flat and goes with a slight hyzer at the end.

Mine for a while now has been a 172gm Star Beast. Does EVERYTHING I need it too. I do want to check out the Discmania TD Rush though and see how it compares to the Beast.

Stalker

Leopard or new S-TD or a seasoned S-PD.

What do you like about the TD, Justin??? The TD has Very Similar Flight ratings to a Beast, BUT, the feel of the rim on the TD is Different, and really intrigues. Makes me want to try it out....

The TD is a great disc.

Under rated.

Until someone throws one, you would not realize it.

Great 'utility' go to.

Not a big driver, not meant to be.

Found that the S-TD (not a disease) flies differently than the C-TD...

The plastic makes a difference.

I believe the TD uses a Roadrunner wing with the Discmania "Anhyzer top." Though, I am by no means an expert. I like the TD for several reasons. It holds all lines very well, you can get really good flex shot distance with it if you give it enough elevation to work with, and when you throw big anhyzers with it, it comes back enough to land flat which prevents it from digging in and potentially rolling out like sometimes happens with my Leopard. Also, the TD powers down well. If you throw it at 75% it will go straight and finish left. The name is a bit misleading in that it always seems to fight back some and the high speed turn is not as significant as you would see in a Vision or Roadrunner. I prefer the S-Line plastic, but the C-Line flies a little more stable and could potentially compliment the S-TD. I just have a beat up S-PD that fills that role, so I have never had a C-TD in my bag. I hope that helps.

Here is a video of one of the Discmania players throwing it for distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFSDiTAbmhs

Well if I remember correctly, you are still new to the game. So a lower speed disc will help you. One other that I like is the Sidewinder or it's Lat 64 counterpart the Vision. I may have faster discs in my bag, but when it comes to wooded course and were you don't want a monster skip. These "old school" discs are great! I'm 100% backhand and throw around 300 to 330' and when I want a nice controlled shot. I always grab my Valk or Orc, and for a dead straight shot out comes the Vision or Sidewinder (Vision this week!). Although all this talk of these Discmania discs ahs me wanting to try some out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968