www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the best basket? What is the best catching basket? WHY? Got any pictures?

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i agree with porkchop. his basket catches every mini it has ever met!

Porkchop said:
Besides my mini, of course.
da "kingpin" said:
what a POS :)

Donny Olow said:

I love my Mach V's. I have 3 !!!!

Picture of the KINGPIN Basket ? I may want to purchase one !!!!
aren't mach 5's and chainstars basically the same basket? if not whats the difference?
I'm no expert but it looks like the chainstar and the DGA baskets are made from alot of the same components. One difference I do see is the chainstar chains all fall to one ring at the bottom. the DGA baskets have separate rings for inner and outer chains.

Blaze said:
aren't mach 5's and chainstars basically the same basket? if not whats the difference?
i think dga makes the chainstar for discraft. correct me if i am wrong.

Blaze said:
go to discking1.com, theres a picture on there under products. love mine!
Donny Olow said:
da "kingpin" said:

Donny Olow said:

I thought that DGA and Discraft where kind of one in the same. Like Chevy and GMC.
actually saw one on this site, and it looks awesome! search groups for basket owners and scroll down until you see a red and white basket. looks really sweet love the color combo, wish mine was different colors now!
da "kingpin" said:
go to discking1.com, theres a picture on there under products. love mine!
Donny Olow said:
da "kingpin" said:

Donny Olow said:

not the same ownership....they do work for each other....

discraft makes all the DGA discs and DGA makes the chainstar baskets for discraft....

Chris Taylor said:
I thought that DGA and Discraft where kind of one in the same. Like Chevy and GMC.
IMO a good basket shouldn't catch all putts....if a basket catches all wide or off putts it makes the game easier than it should be IMO. (this philosophy doesn't help my scoring!) Errant putts shouldn't be rewarded.... this I why I like Mach III basket the best......catches most "good" putts....spits out wide or high putts more frequently than others....just my personal thoughts....I know there are those out there that would like a basket to catch any putt that hits some part of the chains.

also think that the powder coated Mach IIIs are the sweetest looking baskets around......anyone who has played Indy Lake in Michigan knows how pretty those look in a beautiful setting...
Yeah but don't you hate when you have "the perfect putt" and it bounces off the pole! DOH!
Nibs Carter said:
Yeah but don't you hate when you have "the perfect putt" and it bounces off the pole! DOH!

Nibs, the simple answer is yes....I do get frustrated when a "good" putt bounces out during a round.....However, if I really look at the putt that clangs out it usually is because it wasn't central, or coming in too hot, too much spin, etc.....

I am not in favor of "black hole" baskets that catch everything that is thrown in their general direction.....this is why I like Mach III so much.....they rarely catch the errant putt....but usually reward a "good" cnetral putt.

I know for a fact that chainstars catch a lot more "poor" putts out wide of the pole...

this is just my opinion...I

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968