www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the best basket? What is the best catching basket? WHY? Got any pictures?

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just venting, I've had "perfect putts" spit out or bounce off on just about all the baskets listed here. About the only one I can say I don't recall throwing on is the Titan. I may have unknowingly thrown on one over the years but I don't think so! The perfect basket is made by the perfect putter imo. Blunt Gumbputt! They don't bounce off the pole.

IMO, this catches and looks a hell of a lot better.
Peter Kunoff said:
IMO a good basket shouldn't catch all putts....if a basket catches all wide or off putts it makes the game easier than it should be IMO. (this philosophy doesn't help my scoring!) Errant putts shouldn't be rewarded.... this I why I like Mach III basket the best......catches most "good" putts....spits out wide or high putts more frequently than others....just my personal thoughts....I know there are those out there that would like a basket to catch any putt that hits some part of the chains.

also think that the powder coated Mach IIIs are the sweetest looking baskets around......anyone who has played Indy Lake in Michigan knows how pretty those look in a beautiful setting...
I AM looking for a "Black Hole Basket" that sucks in every putt. It would probably catch a lot of aces too. Where can I find one?
Peter Kunoff said:
Nibs Carter said:
Yeah but don't you hate when you have "the perfect putt" and it bounces off the pole! DOH!

Nibs, the simple answer is yes....I do get frustrated when a "good" putt bounces out during a round.....However, if I really look at the putt that clangs out it usually is because it wasn't central, or coming in too hot, too much spin, etc.....

I am not in favor of "black hole" baskets that catch everything that is thrown in their general direction.....this is why I like Mach III so much.....they rarely catch the errant putt....but usually reward a "good" cnetral putt.

I know for a fact that chainstars catch a lot more "poor" putts out wide of the pole...

this is just my opinion...I
I like these better...

innovas discatcher does a good job but they need fix their chains they have been rusty easier
Those are the coolest baskets I've ever seen Peter. I didn't enter the contest, so I don't even have a right to be as jealous of you as I am. :-) This year I guess they are giving away two 9 hole courses instead of one 18 holer. I'm not sure that is better. Maybe it is. What do you guys think?
Any ideas for making a similar design permanent? What about a thin chain mail? We could get the mail from one of those mock medeival battles that people stage. We will just go out after a volley of foam arrows and strip the armor off the "dead" boddies on the field so that we can work on a prototype. :-)

But seriously, any ideas? Where's NASA when we need them?

Chuck Kennedy said:
There's no question that the best catching basket is the Innova Traveler. The only drawback is it's not designed for permanent courses.
Brandon Swanson said:
Those are the coolest baskets I've ever seen Peter. I didn't enter the contest, so I don't even have a right to be as jealous of you as I am. :-) This year I guess they are giving away two 9 hole courses instead of one 18 holer. I'm not sure that is better. Maybe it is. What do you guys think?

I think it is definitely better with 1 winner and 18 baskets total.....mine are already in the ground at Indy lake at a fantastic Local 101 designed lakeside course.....Kept em local and everyone here is reaping the benefits, not to mention I kept number 18 (with portable base) for my backyard....perfect scenario for me....get a great basket to practice on in my backyard and a great new local course for friends and family(and myself) to enjoy for years to come......
I have a DGA mach lite . To me it traps and catches better than the metal baskets Im not saying that it is the best for everyone however with the cloth rimmed basket, I feel that it is better than most baskets. The onlly problem is as Chuck Kennedy says its not designed for permanent courses
So it's a 17 holer? :-) I assume you got an additional 18th hole for the course?

That's what I think about an 18 hole course over two 9 holes. I think if a local club member won them they would definately donate them to a location in waiting. If you have 9 you'd probably want 9 more. It'd also be nice if they were matching...now you're looking at buying custom powder coated for the back nine. Maybe they would give you a deal on 9 additional?

Peter Kunoff said:
Brandon Swanson said:

I think it is definitely better with 1 winner and 18 baskets total.....mine are already in the ground at Indy lake at a fantastic Local 101 designed lakeside course.....Kept em local and everyone here is reaping the benefits, not to mention I kept number 18 (with portable base) for my backyard....perfect scenario for me....get a great basket to practice on in my backyard and a great new local course for friends and family(and myself) to enjoy for years to come......
Donny Olow said:

I love my Mach V's. I have 3 !!!!

Bounceout city.............
Yeah because they go by outside diameter. Also if it were the same diameter (outside) as the rest it would end up being smaller due to the fact it is made of thicker material. It should be inside Diameter.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968