www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the best basket? What is the best catching basket? WHY? Got any pictures?

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Donny Olow said:
Scoot_er said:
Donny Olow said:

I love my Mach V's. I have 3 !!!!

Bounceout city.............

Sorry to hear about your putting Scotter !!!!!! lol . I have putt on the Titan , but I hear the Basket is to big and not PDGA approved.
Donny Olow said:
Donny Olow said:
Scoot_er said:
Donny Olow said:

Sorry to hear about your putting Scotter !!!!!! lol . I have putt on the Titan , but I hear the Basket is to big and not PDGA approved.

No the basket is made of thicker steel and therefore has a larger outside diameter (which is what the PDGA goes by for some reason. Also a discatcher is better than all Mach if you ask me as they at least snag most on the pole. It seems like 1-2 bad spits a round on Machs.

I wish I could convince Discraft to design a new model of basket.

BTW you can see all the way to the pole in that pic and a putter would only hit the chain 1 in from the pole if it were to hit dead center. That is why I hate these baskets. They have gaps.
Scoot_er said:
Donny Olow said:
Donny Olow said:
Scoot_er said:
Donny Olow said:

No the basket is made of thicker steel and therefore has a larger outside diameter (which is what the PDGA goes by for some reason. Also a discatcher is better than all Mach if you ask me as they at least snag most on the pole. It seems like 1-2 bad spits a round on Machs.

I wish I could convince Discraft to design a new model of basket.

BTW you can see all the way to the pole in that pic and a putter would only hit the chain 1 in from the pole if it were to hit dead center. That is why I hate these baskets. They have gaps.

Well then Scotter , it is up to us to hammer the idea into the manufactures head , to build the Best catching basket for Disc Golf !!!!!
i like discCatcher
I think the Spider web is the best catching permanent basket.
Scoot_er said:
Yeah because they go by outside diameter. Also if it were the same diameter (outside) as the rest it would end up being smaller due to the fact it is made of thicker material. It should be inside Diameter.
The spec used to be outside diameter. It is now inside diameter in the new spec effective Feb 1, 2009. http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGA-Target-Certification-Form.pdf
that thing is hideous, U G L Y! but you have a right to your opinion, as do I.
Peter Kunoff said:
I like these better...

Johnny Macmillan said:
I AM looking for a "Black Hole Basket" that sucks in every putt. It would probably catch a lot of aces too. Where can I find one?

Yeah, when will they come up with the disc sucking basket...sucks it in...and spits it out....at the next tee. lol!!!
There used to be a company called Future Sports Network of Utah , that made the perfect basket.

The chain assembly was designed perfect.
5 degrees to 25 degrees off dead center on the chain configuration.
Perfect 30 chain assembly with sliding wind chimes taking up and slack !!!!!! Made a beautiful sound !!!!!
Pointed top so the disc could never land on top !!!!!

Designed by a mathematician . The disc would S through the chains and could not bounce out , hardly hitting the center pole at all. I could not afford one at the time , around $ 500.00
There is a basket called the Spiderweb 3 or something to that nature. I've heard nothing but great things about it's catching ability. I wish I knew more. Nathan..the Eagle Scout that is building a course for his huge project bought like 25 or 26 of these baskets. I think a guy by the name of Alan ... Pier?? makes them. I don't look into baskets that much but everything I found out on the web is nothing but good things.

My bad if those baskets have already been mentioned.

Mike
Peter Kunoff said:
IMO a good basket shouldn't catch all putts....if a basket catches all wide or off putts it makes the game easier than it should be IMO. (this philosophy doesn't help my scoring!) Errant putts shouldn't be rewarded.... this I why I like Mach III basket the best......catches most "good" putts....spits out wide or high putts more frequently than others....just my personal thoughts....I know there are those out there that would like a basket to catch any putt that hits some part of the chains.

also think that the powder coated Mach IIIs are the sweetest looking baskets around......anyone who has played Indy Lake in Michigan knows how pretty those look in a beautiful setting...

I think you are close on this statement, However like goals in hockey. As a puck hits a post it has an opportunity to go in or out based on the angle. even the occasional "Bad" shot goes in. That being said baskets should be similar in nature where even the occasional "Bad" sot goes in. I personally have a problem with getting kicked out after smacking the damn pole on many baskets. That is why I like the titans so much. I have never had a dead nuts straight putt kicked out on a titan. However, on the Mock III and V I have had at least a handful of ace runs get rejected by the pole because there is not enough dead weight to slow down a fast disc. In addition like I said earlier they allow putters to hit the pole and also get kicked.

A good solution to this problem would be to increase the weight of the inner chains.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968