www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the best basket? What is the best catching basket? WHY? Got any pictures?

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chuck Kennedy said:
There's no question that the best catching basket is the Innova Traveler. The only drawback is it's not designed for permanent courses.

It does catch well....no cut throughs....ever. That is if you don't use a saw blade. lol!!
I would guess though, JMac was referring to a real basket...not that it isn't a real basket...but a permanent basket.
This is a DISCUSSION... Opinions count. Chain configurations, and the size of the "Sweet Spot" are two big factors in "catchability". Also, different putting styles may work better with certain baskets. Just to stir things up a little, I say Chainstar, Mach 5, Mach 3 catch best, in that order. I own Chainstar, Mach 3, Discatcher Sport, Lightning DB5 and M-14. I admit I am a DGA fan!

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
Chuck Kennedy said:
There's no question that the best catching basket is the Innova Traveler. The only drawback is it's not designed for permanent courses.

It does catch well....no cut throughs....ever. That is if you don't use a saw blade. lol!!
I would guess though, JMac was referring to a real basket...not that it isn't a real basket...but a permanent basket.
Personally I think the Gateway Titans work best for catching. Even with a hard shot dead on into the pole it almost never comes back out. The sweet spot is huge, and the outer chains are light enough that even when you hit it on the wrong side you don't get a hard kick off.
Gateway Titans by far the best, has three layers of chains and a nice big basket for the disc to fall in easily.. If you havent used these baskets your missing out!!
Now if Gateway would only get them PDGA approved.
hahah.. The Approval only matters in A-tier events and havent, and wont matter for any events until atleast 2010..
and too bad the innova traveler isnt on the approved baskets list either..

Chuck Kennedy said:
As many of you, my family travels just to play new courses, and we've seen our share of interesting baskets along the way. After 70+ courses, I would have to say that the Gateway Titan Basket, PDGA Approval or none, is absolutely the best catching permanent basket. I wish more courses had these. Honestly, they're so sturdy looking, they look like you could ram them with a semi and it wouldn't phase them, kinda like your average DGA basket or Chainstar on Crack.

Anybody know why they aren't PDGA approved?
I know they used them at the Discontinuum Illinois Open in Rockford, IL last year. It was an A-tier

Chuck Kennedy said:
i like old mach 3's that have some age and rust on them. not to big and catch great for my hyzer loft and flat spin putts

discatchers have the deflection areas low outside and high inside, and the chains come too close to the tray, the chainstar works great for me, but i see kickouts for pure spin putters. there is a cutthrough pocket on the mach, but its high and outside and the disc has to be angled.

i dont like the travelers, they slingshot discs off of the cloth outer rim and they start rolling away.
The Innova Traveler is approved. http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGA_approved_targets_012609.pdf

The Titan was not approved under the old specs because the basket was too big (one reason it may catch better?). I don't think Gateway has resubmitted the Titan yet under the new specs this year which it appears their basket will meet.
KINGPIN by discking, (PDGA approved) by far the best catching basket ever! best looking too.......then mach V and 3rd goes to the chainstar. never seen a titan, but have heard they r very similar to the spiderwebs, which i hate. or maybe i hate the titan and have never used the spiderweb, not sure, dont care.
what a POS :)

Donny Olow said:

I love my Mach V's. I have 3 !!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968