www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm looking to move from my current location of Gillette, WY to a city with a solid disc golf scene. I'm skilled enough to play competitively but my current area has only one course that's on the opposite side of town. I'm looking for any and all suggestions. Thanx

Views: 721

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm partial to my home town of Dayton Ohio...thats right! Here in Dayton we have 13 courses within about a 30 min drive all 18 courses. Then if you expand the drive say 1 1/2- 2 hr drive, we fall in between Cincinnati and Columbus which each has a decent disc golf scene, I would say we have over 50 within that drive time!
the only area that i have played has been around the charlotte, nc area. mainly i play on the outskirts of charlotte, which has several courses all about an hour away or less from each other that are all great. and when i do play in charlotte the courses are great with awesome people. i would recomend the area

Coming up the 1st weekend in August! Friday through Monday. Hoping to play a few rounds..:) We'll be staying near Riverside (DGC) and White River is the 2nd closest. So hitting up one or both for sure, but no trip would be complete without  Seatac!

Riversides my buddies home course. So that's a for sure!

Message me when you get up if you feel like having someone to point and laugh at while you play!!
Will do!

It all depends on what you are looking for.  Do you want a killer league scene?  Do you want a top notch tournament scene?  Do you want a laid back scene?  old school scene?  etc...

I would vote for KC in terms of the local/league/tournament scene.  It is simply one of the friendliest groups you will ever meet, on the whole.  They have their stuff together (although I havent visited for a couple years).  You could certainly get your fill of DG if you moved there.  Only problem is the climate.  The midwest has the capability of some nasty, cold winters and choking, thick, hot summers.  I live in St. Louis, so I can certainly vouch for that.  Oh yeah, the STL has a pretty sweet scene as well...and we are only getting bigger and better every year.  Look for the Worlds ('16?) to happen here in the near future

If you don't care about employment Michigan is a fantastic place to throw; with multiple tourneys every weekend and several cities that support a variety of courses (Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Ludington, etc...) We do have some interesting winter disc golf scenes as well. 

Mobile Alabama! 13 courses in the area, 5 within 10mins of eachother. League everyday of the week. Avg 2 large tournaments a month (100+ players), all div's. Year round play as there is no snow to worry about. Plus you get to enjoy the beach, boating, and fishing of that area. Only draw back would be not playing pDGA. However you will find the Southern Nationals tournament series, all over the the area.

Disc Golf pride sure shows through everytime this question gets asked, and rightly so. We almost all fall in love with DG in the area where we live, and naturally those become our favorite courses. I am no different, I live in Southern California and the disc golf is awesome here. We play year round, and enjoy some of the most well manicured courses in the world. My home course is the world famous La Mirada Regional courses (2). I get to play multiple times a week on the course that has hosted the Worlds several times. The original DG course at Oak Valley is here in Pasadena, home to the Rose Parade. Huntington Beach Central Park has the 2nd course ever built; and it's in Surf City USA. Chavez Ridge overlooks Dodger Stadium, on the 18th hole you look down into the stadium. Sylmar, Casitas, Whittier Narrows, Prado Dam, and many others are all well within reach to play your heart out.

Traffic sucks, the smog is horrible, Hollywood is dirty, and the beaches stinks. STAY AWAY!!! hehehe

San Diego has the best weather of any city I've seen on this post. We don't have the largest number of courses, but you can always drive up to HELL. A.
Hehehe....you bastard. :)
If your only concern is how many courses are nearby, this slideshow will help.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968