www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What Do You Think?
Every Disc I Have Seems To Blend In With All The Leaves :\

Tags: color, disc

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, I'll try the hot pink; I usually throw champion innova and they have this kinda see through look which doesn't help.
You guys are all nuts. How bout you toss your orange and pink discs into a pile of orange and red leaves and see if you can find them.
Bright green, Elite Z green is great for fall also.
Mad Max with his dog and drone.
The drone looks like he wants to fetch the frisbee!
Watch out for Norpedos!!! LOL.
pink or blue.
Neon green or pink
Some of those bright Innova Star plastics should stand out.
lol it seems like everyone has a different method. How about just pay attention to where your disk lands or use a spotter.
No color shows up well if it is under a pile of leaves.

In heavy leaves (or deep snow) bright colors are not enough to insure you will find your disc. Understanding how discs finish their flights is the key to finding them. Shots which hyzer at the end will skip up and stay on top. Shots which anhyzer will bury into the stuff. Nose up skips up, nose down buries. So don't worry if you are throwing a hyzer. Send out a spotter if you are throwing an anhyzer.

In casual rounds we often ignore honors to determine driving order. We have someone throwing a hyzer line throw then go spot.
I agree, no color shows well from under the leaves. I remember spending 45 minutes of kicking leaf piles around to help a friend find his day glow yellow disc that buried under brown leaves. It ended up being right where we started, found it during the second pass.

If I had to pick a color, I'd go with bright pink, it seems to stand out in any season. But, I think Mark and Jeff are right, spotters are the key if you're throwing toward a mass of leaves.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968