www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm planning to be in Atlanta at the end of february for a weekend. What would be the best courses to play in two days?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Redan park is nice wooded couse, plent of challenge. I have heard nice things about East Roswell park. I have not played this course yet but hope to soon. If you come back in March there is a new course being opened in Laweranceville. Alexander park promises to be something special, champion calibur.
redan is very good, great variety of shots, pretty easy to follow, fairly close to downtown.
lenora is a waste of a really nice piece of property, basically a driving range for throwing 350 or so.
i too have heard good things about east roswell but haven't been down to play it.
The three courses at the IDGC are only a few hours away so that could be a possibility.
Roswell is intensely tight. Redan is probably best choice.
McCurry is killer.
The new one downtown 'Perkerson' should be open this summer I was told, that'd be THE Atlanta area course to play when it's in, if it does happen.
Lake Russell is amazing, 90 minutes NE. (maybe more?)
Sandy Creek, Central and JP Mosesely all worth time too.
I've played Redan Park 3 times and it's a great fun challenging course
Thanks for the information

StPaulie said:
Redan park is nice wooded couse, plent of challenge. I have heard nice things about East Roswell park. I have not played this course yet but hope to soon. If you come back in March there is a new course being opened in Laweranceville. Alexander park promises to be something special, champion calibur.
East Roswell park in Sneilville is a really nice course , I played it the last time I was in the ATL and I really liked it.
Redan Park it looks is not a safe area! ThanKs for the advice
Maybe the best choice is East Roswell Park

Jack Moore said:
East Roswell park in Sneilville is a really nice course , I played it the last time I was in the ATL and I really liked it.
McCurry if you prefer to air your shots out over thread needles. It depends on what you are looking for.
it's real easy to get to and I met alot of really cool people there that showed me the course, it has a little of everything there..short holes, long holes open holes and tight holes. you'll have a good time.

Manny Bazzani said:
Maybe the best choice is East Roswell Park

Jack Moore said:
I made a trip out to Atlanta about three years ago and played both of these courses. I felt both were safe, clean good courses that presented challenges. That said, while Redan is a good, standard level, yet difficult course, Roswell is a unique course that presents a wider range of challenges. Some of the holes were a little rough (in development) but holy cow was it interesting! The terrain, look and feel of the course made it one of my favorites. The problem though is you have to have an A game, not take your A game, but actually have one. The trees and up and down terrain make anything but the most accurate shots a punishment (I played the long Tees). Still, I loved the feel of this course and enjoyed it immensely.

BTW - on the safe issue, I played Redan in the middle of the day, I could see the potential for.... differences there, but the houses and neighborhood surrounding the course were very middle class and looked and felt very safe.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968