www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I vote for the Tobaggan at Kensington Metropark, Challenging in all aspects of the game

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

George wilson park in mishawaka indiana is a great course.There is alot of courses i havent played but its got to be one of the better ones out there.Front nine is a great combination of length and wooded shots.The back nine is pretty open and long.eighteen and nine are great long distance downhill shots that reguire pretty good arms.beatiful course,miss playing there since i moved down south.
You've been gone awhile apparently...there are many, many courses better than Wilson within 50-75 miles of Mishawaka. Best in the Midwest? Close between Flip and Idlewild of the ones I've played.
I would have to say Idlewild....
havent played idlewild so Flip City gets my vote
Idlewild
Flip City is a very well-groomed and maintained course. In a man's back 40 it is any disc golfers dream come true. Go Bill! There are so many great courses in the mid-west. Michigan has many many many many choices. All the top courses in Michigan are a wonderful challenge to play. Kentucky has beautiful landscapes and rustic scenes making their top disc golf courses very comfortable and easy to enjoy the challenges. Flip City has been in the ground 29 years and it is always on the next level with difficulty and creativity and beauty. Flip City is # 1
Hickory hills in Traverse city.......love those northern woods courses......

also in my top ten.....Victory park in Albion, Myles Kimmerly, Flip City, Leviathan, Indy Lake (picnic course)...
haven't played any top notch courses but three that i would like to play are flip city, idlewild and highbridge hills- blueberry hill
I vote Flip City
Leviathan was pretty awesome.
Toboggan Course is also Great. Hard to compare those courses on the same level, but Out of all the courses I got to play this year, Leviathan Gets my Vote. Awesome Layout, very tight, very long, very difficult.
Idlewild and Mt Airy
Is Kentucky in the Midwest? That is such a vague categorization, midwest. Most mapmakers are saying Lincoln and Idlewild are five or ten miles outside the midwest! images.google.com "midwest states map"

Lincoln Ridge has serious design issues with some tees being way too close to the previous basket. It has great topography and a good mix of holes. The designer just needed to know something about separation. At least he knew better than to set up his baskets in Nebraska! And Lincoln only has one hole that is not a par 3, as best as I recall. Flip City has the great topography and better course design, but it only has maybe 3 par four holes. Both are really fun courses. "Best" should have more golf and less deuce or die.

Idlewild is one of the best anywhere.

Walnut Ridge near Des Moines is more solidly qualified for "midwest." It is certainly one of the better ones.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968