www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What are peoples opinion on this.  I have played a handful of courses here, but over the summer I am thinking about a roadtrip and playing a lot more courses.
What are the must play ones??

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

upperbidwell park chico,ca a few cliff side holes staring into stunning bidwell canyon
Yes Upper Bidwell is awesome. Also if you head that direction you can play a couple of new 18 hole courses in the area that have brand new baskets. Black Butte Lake in Orland, and Lava Creek in Paradise . Black Butte Lake is an Army Corps of Engineers facility and is free. Lava Creek is a nine hole ball golf course with and 18 hole disc golf course. You can only play there in the afternoon unless you call and get clearance.....Cost is $4.00 to play Lava but well worth the $$$
Delaveaga in Santa Cruz
Stafford Lake in Novato
La Mirada in La Mirada
Veteran's Park, Sylmar
Bejou in South Lake Tahoe (29 holes) there is also Zephyr Cove and Truckee, but I haven't played the latter two.
Skyline Widerness Park in Napa. Must have every throw in your bag and you will still end up with a famous "Napa Roller" at least once or twice.
Stafford Lake in Novato. Big arm course and a spotter is a must.
Golden Gate Park in SFO. Can be a beast when the baskets are in the long possition. Top notch course regardless. People think I'm nuts when I say I like this course better than De La.
De Laveaga in Stanta Cruz. The course is well travelled, too much imo, but "top of the world" is one of the most breathtaking views out ther. Plus you gotta dig the Santa Cruz scene! It's awesome. I also hear there is a new 18 hole course in the area?
Lagoon Valley in Vacaville. OK it's a so so course, but it's my home course ;) besides it's in a perfect spot to chill if you are stuck in traffic or will be if you don't time your drive right.
Shady Oaks, Orangevale (Sacramento area). Nice combo of different looks.
Rocklin, Rocklin (just east of Sac) Hyzer heaven!
Grass Valley. God I hate Manzanita! another one of my favorite courses.
Condon, Penn Valley. A course that makes you think. First course I realized. Using your driver off the teepad all the time is not a good idea (for this course)
If you go further up north Acadia/Eureaka area. They have some sick courses. Imagine teeing off of an old growth redwood stump (to bad it became a stump). These course require guides.
Hope you have an awesome trip!
The newest 18 hole course near Santa Cruz is Pinto Lake in Watsonville. It's a pretty sweet course to play, not as difficult as DeLa but pretty close. It even has a killer 1200 foot hole (#10) which can get monotonous but still a lot of fun to pull out the biggest gun you've got and go for max distance. If you are in the Monterey Bay area, I would also suggest the CSUMB Oaks course as well as the course at Ryan Ranch. They have 18 and 27 holes respectively and can be a little taxing if you can't get a guide. The upside is that if you go to either the Stinging Jellies DGC or the CSUMB DGC webpage you could probably get one of the members to take you out.
Thread JACK! I have a class in Watsonville in a few weeks. So I will deff. have to check out Pinto Lake. Thanks for the heads up on the other two as well.
Thanks for all the descriptions!!
Ill probably have to hit up everything in the bay area.
I cant believed i lived so close to dela fir such a long time but never played it
No matter where you play in CA you will find some great courses, & some awesome people ask the locals they will show you the way..
Here are my favorite ten in no particular order:

Stafford Lake-Navato
Delaveaga-Santa Cruz
Ryans Ranch-Monteray
Lake Casitas-Ventura
Golden Gate Park-San Fran.
Mountain High-Wrightwood
Yucaipa Regional-Yucaipa
Veterans Park- Sylmar
Huntington Beach-Huntington Beach
Oak Grove- Pasadena
Oak Grove-Stockton

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968