www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok guys, I've got an internship in Colorado this Spring on an organic farm (super psyched for this). I'm living in Florida and I need to have my car there so part of the whole experience is going to be a 2200 mile road trip from here to there in mid-March/early April.

Since it's winter and I want to avoid icy and snowy roads as much as possible, I'll be hugging the southern coast of the US and then going straight up to CO. Here's what my route is going to look like (somewhat):http://mapq.st/A8OtA0 

Now, which are the must see, do not pass go courses along this route? I don't mind slight detours as long as I'm not going too far out of the way. 

Let's see some Southern Hospitality!

Views: 286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I  believe the Fl Pensacola course has tightened up on security for getting on base.Either you are military or a member of the dgc park.

Stu and Craig’s Washington, Oregon and California Disc Golf Safari June 13 to June 22, 2008

Fri. June 13  Victoria BC Canada, took ferry to Pt. Townsend Washington, then to Sumner Wash. at the  Riverbend DGC on the Puyallup River .. Tracy took us around    

Sat. June 14  2 Rounds at Pier Park, Portland  arrive Estacada evening       Sat. June 15 Play Milo McIvor on the Clackamas River Estacada Oregon   27 holes - Par 87  -

drive to Whistler’s Bend Roseburg              Sun. June 15    Play W.B. ….. Camp on the S. Umpqua River    

Mon . June 16   Play Whistler‘s Bend  then drive to San Fran.  Stay at Fort  Mason Hostel and do World’s  ‘Crookedest’  Lombard Street.
Tues. June 17 to Santa Cruz on Hwy. 1,   play De La Vega return and play Golden Gate Park San Francisco  in the evening.

Wed. June 18 Played Stafford Lake,  Novato    par 59   #9  1049’     camp Napa Bothe Park it has pool & it was hot.    

Thurs. June 19  Play Oroville on the Feather River needed swim after - very hot ….go to Chico played 5 holes after we found it     

Friday June 2oth after putting a shift at he Last Call Bar got up and played Chico - had a great cool down swim in Big Chico Creek pool at Bidwell Park.  Drive to Weed and
play College of the Siskiyous with Ken and Bret, camped on the Klamath River had lightning and fires started.    

Sat. June 21  Played 54 holes Tom Pearce Park on the Rogue River, Grants Pass …. played 18 at Dexter at Eugene …. And 18 at Adair in Corvallis Oregon ………     

camped at Champoeg State Park on the Willamette River Oregon  

Sunday June 21st  played the 15 hole course with Dwayne who showed us around. We then drove to Seattle and played the Sea-Tac  course teed off at

6:30pm finished at 8:30 and headed for the border

….. Crossed at 11:30 and were home by midnight ……… all tuckered out but we had our fill of Disc Golf. 

once you get up to colorado let me know cheyenne is a short trip and has a great course that i would love to show you

That's what I'm talking about! I will definitely get in touch.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968