www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the best three disc combo that you can think of. If your on a course and only get three discs (driver, midrange, Putt and Approach) what would they be.

My best combo would have to be:

175g Star teerex - able to throw backhand or forhand
175 Elite x Buzz- Super straight and is easily minipulated
175 Glow Aviar- Good flight path easy putts

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

168 2x Champ Beast
178 Z Buzz
174 SSS Warlock

I support a diversity of products!
CH Boss
Star Valk
Banger GT!
I really only need one... Banger GT !!!
i was really surprised to see the flash as your driver of choice. could you elaborate a bit?
Coolhand,

Z Flashes vary quite a bit in stability but all have exceptional glide. There have been several runs of Z Flash which are overstable, including the current run. The overstable Flashes are superb forehand discs and would work well for anyone with a powerful backhand drive.

My primary drivers are overstable Z Flashes or the runs of Z Crushes which are less overstable than most. There is also a run from a few years back of Blue Z Flashes which fly dead nuts straight in my hands: these are perfect for long, straight tunnels.

For any disc which I really like, I make it a point to test each new run. So I always test Z Flashes, Z Crushes, Z Surge SS's and Rogues. The modern, big rim drivers will all vary from run to run but they are all useful and some are great. Since I like candy plastic, whatever the disc does will keep that flight path for a long time.

In the old days, before candy plastic, players would find a driver they liked and carry multiple versions in different degrees of broken in (at one time my bag had only X-Clones and putters in it but I still carried 15 to 20 discs). Now it takes years to break a disc in and an overstable driver may never get to the point where it becomes flippy as heck. So now I look for different runs of my favorite drivers to provide different shades of stability.
I have two different answers, because I've started throwing Lefty due to an ongoing injuries to my right hand and wrist.

So dominant (right) hand would be:
175 Champ Teebird

176 FLX Buzzz

toss up: 175 SS Chalky Wizard or 176 Soft Magnet - depends on if the temp is above or below 90, as my black magnets tend to melt in my hand, on the grass, and through the gaps of my bag.

While left tends to be lighter and less stable:
165 Z Stalker - my 175 Striker was working well, but was just too heavy.

172 Comet - just about right, could get it to hyzer and even had enough snap to turn it over a little.

No change to the putters, still able to do that right handed.
174g First Run Esp Force White (or maybe a Chanmpion Boss)
178g Esp Buzzz Pink
174g Pro D Magnet Black
175g Star wraith
177g Core (Latitude 64)
175g Omega SSP
Star Valkyrie 175g
Star Shark 180g
JK Aviar 175g
star valk
cryztal buzzz
esp zone
Driver: Orion LS
Mid: ESP Buzzz
Putter: Omega Sirius

I can putt pretty good with a Wasp. So, I might carry two mids.
175 DX BEAST
172 DX SHARK
172 WIZARD
These all are nicely beat in and do pretty much exactly what I want them to do.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968