www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just wondering what you think is the best shop in Michigan, I have only been to a couple so I cant really say, the best one Ive been to is Tilleys in Traverse City but Im sure there are some better ones in the southern regions of the state.

Im looking for a reason to stop and spend a little cash next time Im in the south on a discgolf trip!!

Thanks for the input.

Views: 559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

25? Hour long drive. Yeah that's just a hop skip and a jump from here. Lol!
There is Spinski's in the south side of GR. It's on the corner of 78th and Division in a repair garage. Normally they keep typical business hours, but I have been shocked to find them closed on some random Saturday afternoons. Outside of that inconvenience, they do stock a very nice array of plastic and apparel l. Here is their number: 616-827-0386
Road trip..lol
Throw Shop sounds pretty sweet Ben, I would like to explore the courses in that area as well, when Im in your neck of the woods I will certainly stop in!!
Yeah we take all but Amex at the Throw Shop. It is a fun drive to central Florida, but due to current gas prices, not too economical. I spent like 300$+ at Wendy's store back in '06.
Thats the one.
As far as I can tell, the Clearwater Disc Golf Store, Joe and Wendy Gagliardo (Clearwater, FL), and Disc Golf World, Rick Rothstein (Kansas City), are the ultimate in disc golf stores, anywhere. But ... those places are not in Michigan. CJ's has a great selection, but they don't refresh the inventory as often as we do.

Hole 1 atThe Ponds at Lakeshore is maybe 100' from our front door. That course has no mosquitos and no underbrush and, due to its having formerly been engineered as a ball golf course, drains rapidly after a rain.

At the Throw Shop, we aspire to be the best. Disc Golf will eclipse ball golf by 2020, and we want to ride that wave.
I AGREEEEE TILLEY'S IS TOTALLY BONERIFIC
Thats a great thing to aspire for, if I had my way I would start a shop up here. Most everyone I know travels to buy discs when they are out of town or they order them through the internet, myself included!

I agree that discgolf is approaching the "S" curve and will most definately explode more so in the future than it has in the last couple of years. I would love to be a part that.
$1000 says you're wrong about Disc overtaking ball...
If we are going to bet, I need to be more precise. I think that by 2020 there will be more rounds of disc golf played in a year in the US than ball golf rounds. By my estimates we're already at 1/4 the number of rounds right now.
Spinski's is nice, I visited once and dont know that I would return unless I REALLY needed a disc.. I walked in and there were about 15 other's in the store. I shudder to think that you could fit more the 18 total people in the store at a time. the owner seemed really nice, and they did have a good selection on hand. It was just really crowded and small. they did have all kinds of plastic and bags thou.. nice

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968