www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I understand the fact that Lefty throws are the exact opposite of right handed. I am a backhand thrower that is interested in finding about three new discs to try out to get a little more accurate and what every player wants, distance off the tee. My bag is light consisting of a Star Katana, a san marino rock, Z-Flick, a buzzz, an Epic, and a pro Valkyrie. I use to have a tee bird but I only used that for anhyzer shots. I am looking to expand my disc selection for a better anhyzer, a straighter flying disc (wont cut right as much as the Katana seems to) and I am also looking for a bomb off the tee Thumber disc, I have a Z-Flick and I love it other than the fact that in three months I have gone through two and neither can fly the same as a fresh one for thumber throws. Let me know! All feed back is great! I know alot of people would say to try out a bunch of discs but sadly I am poor so 3 to 4 discs a month is all I can afford to do.

Coop"Lefty"DeVille

Views: 645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How do you throw? Flat/hyzer/anhyzer
How far do you throw?

For long anhyzers Innova Sidewinder or Discraft Avenger(SS)

Shorter/Control anhyzer Innova Mako or Discraft Glide or Stratus.

Long Bomb/ Straight flyers. Discraft Nuke(SS), Innova Vulcan or Champion Katana

Star katana's are oddly overstable. A champion katana flies much better and a Pro line tends to be a little flippy.
Look for the L on the bottom of the disc.

I would suggest a Roadrunner for straight and anhyzer shots...it should turn over if thrown flat, and should do a nice S-curve if released slightly hyzer to flat.  This is a great disc for newer players regardless of whether or not you throw righty or lefty.

For a thumber, I would suggest a Firebird and a Flick (which you already have).  In addition to a Monster and an Avenger, those are the two best thumber discs I know of...

Always use the round,plastic discs,weight is optional.
AHHH, ya beat me to it. Just like the screwdriver.

Well I was a thumber player for long time, I throw about max 300ft (I started backhand about a month ago)  and hyzer because the only driver I use is the Star Katana. I will grab me a champ Katana.  I have seen the sidewinder in action and I'll give that a go as well. Thanks for the advice.

So these tin pie pans are a lil dated I take it hmph!
I don't see a putter in that selection of discs you mentioned.

That's what I would get first.

My Star Roc is what I use it works fine for putting

yeah,hang those collectables on the wall;>}
For thumbers try a venom or a riot. Nice and flat ones
I give away all my lefty discs to newbies, they're useless to me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968