www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey guys, just wondering what disc you all would recommend as a complementary understable midrange for my Roc. Please only Innova-made discs. :) Was thinking maybe the Wolf? What do you guys all think.

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm..granted I use a SE Roc so I'm sure it's more overstable than the standard Roc. But I find if I need a dead straight shot with noooo wind. It's the Buzzz. Any wind or if I need to put some pop in the throw it's the Roc. I'm still pimp'in the Panther though. Although I never tried the Wolf. The Panther is a very predictable understable disc. It's my long range mid for anhyzer shots and my Classic Roc is a great and very predictable short range mid. They are not "touchy" and I don't have to worry about over tourquing them.
Well good luck finding the disc that works for you.
i know you said no discraft but try a meteor its what you want
If you want an understable mid range the wolf is the most understable mid range innova makes. I can make it hold a anhyzer very very easlily. In fact a semi new wolf holds an anny better than my beat roc. It works great for uphill and downhill approach shots. It aslo is a great roller disc
I keep a stingray in my bag for the shots you're describing. That would be my next suggestion.
aero ,one of the first beveled discs, short approaches and putts,glides forever.
Champ Coyote
more rocs and a classic roc
The wolf and Stingray are both great understable mids. I have used and like both although I have a commet in my bag now for that slot its not necessarily that I like it better although its a great disc I just use what I have. The wolf is actually just a modified roc mold so it'll feel very similar in your hand whereas the stingray won't feel similar. I view that as an advantage.

the wolf will turn over and hold a great anny line or if you throw it with low power or normal power and just a little hyzer it will fly as straight as a laser. In my opinion its even straighter than a buzzz. and it has absolutely no low speed fade. It is one of the most under rated discs on the market.
I have a buddy at my home course that carries like 4 wolves and he's deadly accurate with em. They really seem to work out for anhyzers.. Thinking I may pick one up soon.
innova's got a new disc coming out called the mako 4,5,0,0 heard its going to be like a longer putter very straight. but the only disccraft disc in my bag is a meteor it will do crazy things.
I would say either a beat Roc, beat Shark, or a beat san marino Roc. I prefer beating in a disc to understable cause you know exactly what it will do then.
If I wanted to compliment a Roc I might say, "Hey Roc, you are looking lovely today."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968