www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am a medium distance thrower....250' - 300' on average.

Can anyone recommend a good long anhyzer driver? I use a Surge SS currently...i find that it tends to be really flippy as it slows down. I'd like something a bit more consistent.

Thanks,
Ron - Disc Golf Traveler

Tags: anhyzer, discraft, ss, surge

Views: 2273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

valk is the way to go
I got a Flx Avenger SS a while back for the long anhyzer drives, and it worked pretty okay, but I think that an
ESP Avenger SS is a much better disc than a FLX Avenger SS. That would by my best reccomendation.

I am not too sure about Innova Discs but from the talk of a few people I have played with this summer I have noticed that a Road Runner seemed to be a pretty good disc for that long anhyzer shot.
Hmmm... SIdewinder, Monarch, Roadrunner, and the Vision by Latitude 64. I'm still in mourning, but the Vision has replaced my Sidewinder :(
Meteor!!!! ive only thrown one once and and it was the best 280' turnover ive ever thrown I gotta get one!
beat in CE TL. MONEY
Either the Monarch or Meteor, Meteor DOES not fade left!!! It will go 300 feet easily. Very easy to throw. The Monarch can be a little harder to find that perfect anny line, But will fly similar faster.
I agree with using the roadrunner, thrown many of them. But star plastic will turnover and hold a realgood line from what ive seen. Not big on the champion plastic for turnover drives it tends to do what it wants. However the champion plastic is great for skipping thumbers/thomahawks, so they both have a place in my bag. I would say with your distance use a 167-172 weight i throw about 300' rhbh.

Right now I used a Pro-D Avenger SS, I LOVE it. I'm a tad bit concerned about switching to ESP or X,Z etc. because this disc is perfectly beat-in right now.

its not as long as other discs mentioned in this thread, but I love my Z-Xpress--long, slow, predictable annies...

Roadrunners are money. Start off as great turnover/touch discs and become great rollers.

Westside King, Skyquest Medusa, Sidewinder, broken in DX TeeBird.

I'm going to give the Avenger a try, but I love my Diamond for anhyzer shots.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968