www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am a medium distance thrower....250' - 300' on average.

Can anyone recommend a good long anhyzer driver? I use a Surge SS currently...i find that it tends to be really flippy as it slows down. I'd like something a bit more consistent.

Thanks,
Ron - Disc Golf Traveler

Tags: anhyzer, discraft, ss, surge

Views: 2390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've thrown the Sidewinder and Roadrunner and used both in competition. Although the Sidewinder is still in my bag the roadrunner did not 'anhy' consistently for me. I discovered a little known disc from ABC discs that will change your whole attitude about turnover shots. The SECRET WEAPON is an amazing disc and as I am not loyal to any brand it has found a permanent home in my bag....why listen to me? I won 6 of the 13 sanctioned events I played last year....11924

The Medusa is awesome. Great anhyzer disc. I have not tried the L13.

true

smart man here  ^

L13??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/169g-Skyquest-L13-GLP-Disc-Golf-Ultra-Long-...

I just don't know tthe L13 compares to the Medusa. I love the Medusa. Good plastic and flies very nice, especially when throwing anhyzers. 

Slightly Beat Pro Starfire.

Anhyzer discs are tricky.  There are so many good options right out of the box: Avenger SS, Sidewinder, Roadrunner, Vision, etc.  But most of my favorites have been discs that I have beaten in or I bought beat in.  Donny mentioned a beat Pro Starfire, which is what I carried for long annies when I started playing tourneys.  Now I rely on a beat to pieces X Talon, which started its life a pretty stable disc.  For my longest anhyzer throws, I carry a Pro-D Nuke that I've intentionally hit a few trees with.  And for shorter (<300') I'll pull out a beat FLX or Z Buzzz.  If you're still carrying your Buzzz-D's that you wrote about a couple of years ago those may be the discs you are looking for.

agree

Are yall joking about using the pro starfire for long annyz? If not then that must be one beat to Hell hardly recognizable starfire.

no i'm  serious,  A pro starfire is a totally differant beast than a champ starfire.

Pro Starfires are SLs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968