www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am a medium distance thrower....250' - 300' on average.

Can anyone recommend a good long anhyzer driver? I use a Surge SS currently...i find that it tends to be really flippy as it slows down. I'd like something a bit more consistent.

Thanks,
Ron - Disc Golf Traveler

Tags: anhyzer, discraft, ss, surge

Views: 2338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in the same distance range and have had success with sidewinders, monarchs, and sometimes roadrunners.  In my experience the champion sidewinders have been quite understable---sometimes too much---while the star sidewinders pretty straight when new, very reliable turnover discs when beat in.

I'm currently using an Avenger SS (since a pond has claimed most of my abovementioned discs!) and getting good distance, but haven't tamed its tendency to fade back at the end yet.

Discwing quarter 2 

Get a Glide or throw forehand! :)

For a long anhyzer I throw my champion roadrunner. I throw it low and release it flat and it will really go, perfect anny.

I like the Lat64 River for that shot at that kinda distance. For longer I like the Monarch or the Vulcan.

Forehand, though very useful, does not supplant backhand anhyzer.  Both have their places.

You can make a FH do whatever you need a long anny to do. I see so many people messing up on attempted long annys.

Sorry, you cannot.  An anhyzer turns early and straightens out.  A forehand turns late.

On a tight wooded hole that goes 150', turns 30 degrees right, and continues straight another 150', a well-thrown anhyzer will make the turn and glide down the dogleg.  A forehand that makes the turn, will continue fading harder and end up off the right side of the fairway.

Now, it's true that a player equipped with both backhand and forehand can avoid trying to force anhyzers on lots of holes, to his benefit.  "Learn a forehand" is good advice.  But, at least around here, he'll also play some holes that call for the anny, and only the anny.

Star roadrunner for tailwind or no wind and champ monarch for some headwind.

Put some anny on the forehand or throw something understable.  I get they are different shots, but yes you can make a FH mock an anny in nearly all cases.

david is right

I am very surprised that nobody else has mentioned the Westside King. It is a high speed disc but is still understable. Great for tailwind anhyzers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968