www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Could I please get some comments ranking the different discs available for night play? What are people's thoughts on lights vs. glow?

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like a fishing bobber LED light taped to the under side of your favorite Champion or Z-Plastic disc. If you use a clear or a lightly colored disc with a LED of the same color, the whole disc will glow. I use clear packaging tape to hold the LED. If you tape the LED to the under side of the disc, it doesn't affect the flight of the disc. The bobber LEDs only weight a gram so the weight doesn't affect the disc that much. The bobber LEDs can be turned on and off so they last a long time.
Bobber lights work the best. Photon glow is the best glow plastic, blackjack discs are too bright and some times shut off when they hit the ground. Innova glow plastic not so good.
Thanks Peter. Do the bobber LEDs need to be attached to a battery, or are they self powered?
I used the bobber lights all last winter for glow league. You could see the disc well over 300' basially until it went behind something. The best glow plastic I've seen doesn't even come close. I've found discs a foot under the snow because of the leds. Again no glow plastic comes close. Of course if the tape comes loose mid flight you're gonna be wishing you had a glo disc lol. Maybe tape an led to a glow disc.
could somebody link me to these bobber led's that you're talking about?
Sealed unit - Battery is included - Abount 1 inch long, red, yellow, orange and green colors
http://cgi.ebay.com/DISC-GOLF-BEACON-YELLOW-LED-LIGHTS-DISC-GOLF-21...
LSDiscs has them - http://stores.shop.ebay.com/LSDiscs-Plastic__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Attachments:
The problem with the taping on stuff....is the potential for a flapper...I hate that...FA WAP WAp Wap wap wap.......Down here we have a lot of humidity...the slightest moisture under a tape edge....wap wap wap!!!

Bought a LED UV light...to use instead of the Xenon light I already had....what a huge difference in getting a charge...definitely the way to get the max glow. Even the Innova glow....glows better.

Disczilla only has 2 XL's, 4 Talons, a few Stratus, Wasp's, Magnet's and Putt'r left.
ahh, those I am familiar with.....thought you were talking about something else.

and yeah they work quite well!
trick is to use clear duct tape. used to live in oregon and had problems w/lots of different tapes as moisture gets under an edge then your done(flappers). Clear duct tape aprox $5 a role, use bobber LED's and your set for a LONG time. Strap them UNDER your plastic (2 pieces in cross pattern) or get some Photon plastic and a UV light $10 last one i bought, this does a MUCH better job charging plastic than anything ive seen except a Flasher(chance of blowing your night vision) :(

schweet

Now with one of those I would really play some night golf

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968