www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm trying to fill a spot in my bag that I desperately need and have narrowed it down to two choices: Champ Gator or ESP/Z Drone. Which one do you like better? I have been throwing my Rocs on a hyzer release for this type of shot for the longest time but I really need a super overstable mid in certain situations. Any thoughts or praise for these discs or suggestions for a better overstable mid?

Views: 1140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We know you love your Rocs, but please, he said he needs something more than the Roc. We all really like what we like, don't we?

After listening to everyone's suggestions I picked up a Z Drone to try out. I was leaning towards the Drone before I started this discussion, but everybody's responses made it a definite. Thanks for all the input guys! I appreciate it

If you find that Drone to be too one dimensional, give a nice domey Opto Pain a try in about a 175g + weight.

Sorry Donny but the Roc isn't truely overstable. I love mine and some are more stable than others but.......I still carry a Whippet and a Gator.

Gator

Depends on the distance, but I'll throw a Zone or a Drone....love them both; both are staples in my bag.

I would suggest if you have decent power, go with the crystal flx z drone. Cuts thru wind no problem but I would also suggest a z zone if you could get your hands one because that disc is money!! Wind?!?!? What wind...with the zone it just rips. 

Anyone here tried the Lat 64 Trident???? I just ordered one to try out. 5 speed, VERY Stable, LOTS of fade.....

I haven't tried a Z Zone, now I have to add another disc to my wish list.  The ESP version is my main disc for windy days.  I'll throw in a Drone for more range, but the rim on the Zone makes it a comfortable disc for my hands.

It'd be nice, but they're rather hard to get your hands on. I try to stay away from any disc that is going to be hard to replace if lost

Same here on throwing zone instead of drones..I find myself reaching for the zone more often. The only difference is that the z version is more flat on top and IMO feels better.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968