www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I would like to hear everyone's opinions on which is the best portable basket for the money. I've been on the verge of buying one and would appreciate your input.

Tags: basket, for the money, portable

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DGA Mach Lite hands down as far as I am concerned. Catches great and folds up quickly. Use mine all the time and the others I know that own their love em.
Ill second the DGA Mach Lite. Other then catching great and folding up quick and easy, its made really well. I have had mine going on three years and the cloth is still holding up great. Buy it!
I have one !!!!

I have the Innova Sport. I like it because it looks almost identical to a standard basket. If you shop around the internet you can find it with free shipping like I did. I wanted somthing that looked really close to a standard basket, if thats not a concern of yours than I would go with the DGA Mach Lite as well.
Don't get the Innova Skill-Shot. Mine is falling apart after 3 years. The cloth is fine. It's the super cheap wire rings that they used to hold the chains that are coming apart. I probably could fix it with keychain rings, but I'm pretty annoyed. From what I've heard the Innova Traveler works pretty well though. It's got netting around 6? chains, so no spit throughs.

The next practice basket I buy though is going to be a portable DGA Mach 3. I may be saving my pennies for a while though. :-(
It depends on what you are using it for the Innova Traveler really is easy to put out and take up for a temporary course I have used them for temp 9 hole courses set up for a day. But for every day practice I do not really like the shape i.e. square but that is just personal, they do catch well
You might be interested in one of the Gateway Bullseye baskets especially if your main goal is to improve putting. It is significantly a regular basket smaller than a standard basket. So if you can put to them a regular basket is really easy to hit.

http://www.gatewaydiscsunlimited.com/images/gds_bullseyetarget.jpg
Discatcher sport just like Havin a real 1
I bought a DGA M14, added exta chains for about 20 bucks from LOWES and it works really well,paid 140$ with free shipping, so......160 $ got a basket with 21 chains looks and feels like regular basket, weighs about 40 lbs. breaks down in 5 pieces in about a minute, fits in the trunk of my little car.
for the money lightnings db-5 .fullmetal.. 219-249 bucks..sooner or later material baskets rip,or the cheap wire holding it together gives...go metal

or try to make one
Tally one more vote for the Mach Lite. It's a great, portable basket that is life-size and catches quite well. Also very durable and easy to use. I've had mine for two years now, and although I've used it a bunch I can't see much wear to it. If you're looking for a basket that's more portable/convenient than metal, the Mach Lite is where it's at!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968