www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Looking for peoples opinions on the best portable basket. Im looking to ask for a basket for x-mas and would love to get a really solid portable basket

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have a machlite at home. durable, catches well, and packs/unpacks in seconds. lightweight yet sturdy
i have a machlite at home. durable, catches well, and packs/unpacks in seconds. lightweight yet sturdy
also, fairly cheap. got mine for $100
...didn't mean to post that 3 times - computer froze...
Dude, what kinda basket doesnt spit discs every now and again? Theres no point practising with a basket that catches too well, as it won't help you get better, whenever you play on the course you'll get down on yourself when putts you hit in practice, get spat out during a round or tourney.

I own a Mach Lite and I like it, pretty easy to set up, nice-looking, and its far better than the Ching Skillshot.

Scoot_er said:
Gateway Titan is the best catching and most durable. They also break down with no bolts in about 45 seconds.

Oh and NO spits.
For the price, you can't beat In Step's basket. If you coming flying in from 100', your disc will bounce out. But, if you want to practice putts all day long, you're good to go.
i agree, my philosophy is that your practice basket should be less forgiving than tournament baskets. So, in theory you will become more accurate, hitting center chain for often.

Hootie said:
Dude, what kinda basket doesnt spit discs every now and again? Theres no point practising with a basket that catches too well, as it won't help you get better, whenever you play on the course you'll get down on yourself when putts you hit in practice, get spat out during a round or tourney.

I own a Mach Lite and I like it, pretty easy to set up, nice-looking, and its far better than the Ching Skillshot.

Scoot_er said:
Gateway Titan is the best catching and most durable. They also break down with no bolts in about 45 seconds.

Oh and NO spits.
Travis said:
i agree, my philosophy is that your practice basket should be less forgiving than tournament baskets. So, in theory you will become more accurate, hitting center chain for often.

Hootie said:

Scoot_er said:

Oh and NO spits.

It doesn't matter what you putt on as long as you have a solid stroke. I just like to use the Titan because I take it to events were extra holes are needed and I hate it when they end up using Travelers, discatcher sports, or even those red plastic chained baskets.

For my unforgiving basket I have a Mach V. Machs are overpriced and have all kinds of weaknesses but they sound nice.
Hootie said:

Scoot_er said:

Oh and NO spits.

How will putting at a good basket not make you better? If I am correct you have to get it in the chains for it to spit so all I am doing is saving my back a little by not having to bend over and pick up spit putts.

IMO you are worse off putting on a whack basket like an M-14 because the amount of spits can be discouraging in practice and cause you to lose focus.
Scoot_er said:

Oh and NO spits.

My questions are how do you find one and how much do they cost? I was looking up baskets a while ago and could not find a listed price on a Titan and could not find a retailer. I e-mailed McCormick and got no reply. I know I have played a course with Titans and liked them. However, since I have no idea how much they cost and have no idea where to find one, I have not really thought about them in a while. If you have any info help me and others Remember the Titans.
Where the hell did you find a machlite for $100!!???

DarthFlaco said:
also, fairly cheap. got mine for $100

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968