www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm in the market for a new basket to catch my discs at home and would love to hear some feedback on some of the various models.

Bounce outs? durability? Any info is greatly appreciated

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

don't know about best but Costco has decent baskets for under $100

a buddy of mine picked up an instep basket for under $100 and it's pretty solid.. not a folding design but removable pin assembly.. feels good to throw at.

I was  just searching the costco baskets in some other forums and found out that they sell instep baskets for $70

Kind of depends on how much you are willing to spend.

I have one of these and it has lasted 20+ years !

I've had the Innova Discatcher Sport for about a year now. I think I got it from dynamic discs for 180 on ebay. I haven't beat the crap out of it, so it's holding up pretty well. It weighs around 40 pounds, so what it lacks in ease of mobility it makes up for in durability. I keep it in my trunk and often take it out at work for a quick putting practice. You can set it up and take it down very quickly and easily. It has 16 chains, so imo if you can sink putts in that a 32 should be cake. The top is also bright yellow, which makes visibility at a distance rather useful. It's got quite a few nicks on it, and one of the basket rungs came loose somehow. But overall it's holding up well and if I keep it out of the rain it should age rather well.

The In-step basket is much better when you add a second set of chains to it.

I have 2 DGA M-14 baskets bought them for $140 each shipped, I've had 1 for almost 3 years and the other for almost 2 years, they have been living in my yard the whole time and I haven't had any problems at all. I did go to Lowes and get extra chains and S hooks for about $25 bucks each.(7 extra 2' lengths of chain and 14 S hooks per basket.) They catch pretty good and our club uses them for extra holes on tournaments.

I had an M-14 for four years while living in Alaska.  It spent the winter in the garage and spring/summer/fall in the front yard.  Held up great, catches decently for only one set of chains.  The basket is still up there, sold it to a friend when I moved.

How is the discatcher sport and the DGA Mach Lite?

Im going with the Instep. I have heard good things for the cheap $70

I've had an M-14 in my yard for two years now and love it. I haven’t added chains to it although I probably will do something in the future; I did find that a cheap X-Mass wreath bag makes a great carrying case and storage bag for the M-14.

I just got a DGA Mach Lite for Father's Day and it's a great basket. Except for being a little too forgiving on low puts, it catches discs as well if not better than the M-14. Plus, I love its portability; it folds easily and fits into its carrying case nicely. Folded up it fits in the back of my Jeep Patriot nicely and will go on a few canoe trips in the Adirondack Park this summer.

The only real down side I can see with the Mach Lite is the locking pin that holds the lower basket in place seems like it will be easy to loose and I expect the flag for the top of the basket to vanish before summers end.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968