www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the best disc for putting if you have smaller hands? I heard that smaller hands tend to yank discs more of center.

Tags: hands, putt, small

Views: 325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm... Maybe try an XD by Innova or a Rhyno, I know Discraft has some putters with a "thumb" track. Also maybe it's not the disc, but the plastic. I like plastic that's more gummy and not so hard and or smooth. It give me a better grip on the putter. So in that regards to putters though. Try Gateway's putters in SSS plastic (super stupid soft) or the JK Aviar-X. The Omega by Millinium is also a great putter. Geeze so many out there, but maybe you should give the Discraft putter with the thumb track a try. I know one of them is called the "Banger" but I think they make more than one with the thumb track.
the putters with the "thumb" track are ching ju ju putters and i love mine. Flies soooo straight
Blowfly or Blunt Gumbputt have small rims
I would go with an XD. They have a really shallow rim.
I think small hands need putters with small not so deep rim.
And that's definitely the swedish answer of Aviar: Spike from Latitude64.
Test the Zero-Spike (softer plastic), test the Spike-Hard (harder soft-plastic, but more stable) and - one of my favourite putters - Spike GRIP (Hardplastic like Innovas Starplastic and unstable like Zero but more dome).
I agree with the XD, the shallow rim will let you get more of your hands on it, giving you more control.
Russell Gore said:

The batch our vendor has in stock right now, the underneath edge/lip is very sharp...anybody else notice that?

While the XD is good, the Classic Roc is better.
I've used Classic Rocs for most shots less than 180 feet plus putting for 10 years because it has a lower profile for smaller hands/shorter fingers. I'm also liking the Zeroline Spike from Latitude with the softer plastic for putting.
I picked up a star XD and noticed the same thing. Haven't looked at any DX ones lately.

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
Russell Gore said:

The batch our vendor has in stock right now, the underneath edge/lip is very sharp...anybody else notice that?

The XD with its sharp rim doesn't feel as good as the Classic Roc which is essentially the XD with a bead, giving it a smoother rim on release.
music-surf said:
I picked up a star XD and noticed the same thing. Haven't looked at any DX ones lately.

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
Russell Gore said:

I threw XD's back in the early 90's...I don't remember that edge being that sharp then. I quit throwing them......well because I broke 3 in like 2 months....The DX Classic Roc will break too...I definitely broke a few....but not like those older XD's.

I remember breaking a brand new XD clean in half.... two pieces flying in different directions...that's about when I had it with them.
I just picked up the Omega Millinium supersoft putter 1.24 (not sure what the number means?) because I like the shallow rim and the grippy-gummy feel of them. I have been putting with star aviars for a while and they hold a good line but for my hands they have too deep of a rim and often feel slippery, which doesn't give me confidence when throwing a putt. The Gateway Magic putters are pretty low profile and grippy too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968