www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im trying to figure out how to get a little more distance.

I have been trying to hyzer-flip but havent mastered the release yet. Is hyzer flipping the best way to get max D? I have plenty of snap and pretty good form, and my choice in disc is irrelavent.

In all, my question is, what release technique will provide the most distance. Lets assume it is a calm warm day.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I still use the hyzer flip, but I read an article in discgolfreview.com. Were it states that an overstable disc on an anhyzer release will get more "D". He made some good points for it. The biggest, was the energy wasted for the disc to fight back to complete the helix (the turnover portion that then tries to hyzer out). I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my list of thing to try.

I have often wondered this myself. I seem to get the same distance either way. I have noticed that I am a little more accurate with the anhyzer release of an overstable disc.
From what I've read the hyzer-flip seems to have the most distance potential out of the different ways to throw a disc.
Me too.
just to make sure... hyzer-flip = understable disc thrown on hyzer angle, right? Disc flips up, may turn to right some, the fades as it glides to the left (RHBH, of course), correct?

FWIW, Josh, the Discraft video "More Distance Now" highly recommends the use of what I believe is the Hyzer-Flip when throwing an understable disc, such as the Avenger SS. I have had some success with this using said disc, but I have decided that I need to go back to basics for awhile to make sure that I don't lose touch with them.

If you haven't seen the vid, here's the link below:

http://youtu.be/G-5uHMoYJ6Q
I dont think it always matters if the disc is understable, depending on your skill. I perform better hyzer-flips with an understable disc but a buddy of mine has a sick amount of snap and can turn his boss over, so half the time he hyzer-flips overstable discs. Hes a little unhuman though. You are correct for the better half of disc golfers.

BTW, I have seen the video and it is a good one. Thanks.
Wicked snap... I have tried snapping some of my OS discs.... i just don't have the snap...

Can snap be trained???? LOL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968