www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anybody know of any awesome scorecard apps for the iphone? What are the best ones? Are there any other awesome apps disc golf related that we should know about? I'm looking for a good free one. Or a really cheap one.

Tags: app, disc, golf, iphone, scorecard

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty sure this has been a topic before. People recommended the DiscGolf app by Sutibo Software (1.99). It's a little cartoony, but stores up to 9 players and has a couple of ways to sort your round history.
DiscGolf
Best scorecard out there. It is a little cartoony looking, but it is very easy to use. I contacted the developer of this app, and within a few weeks he came out with a new version with every change I requested. I use this for every round I do. Great App!! Check it out. just type in Disc Golf in search at the app store, or click the link.
iTunes download link
Website link
TMobile's G1 has an application for "golf", which can be used to keep score, but you can also measure every hole, your drives or whatever else you want to as long at the GPS is turned on.
I would third the disc gold app. It is kinda silly however lots of good data from the app.

I am also thinking that cell phones are going to have be banned soon from disc golf with some of these GPS apps that are out there.
What do you mean? Why would a GPS app be bad for disc golf?
thanks all.
802.04 Artificial Devices

A. During a round, a player shall not use any artificial device that may assist in making a
throw, except those devices that reduce or control abrasion to the skin (such as gloves, tape,
bandages, gauze, etc.) and medical items (such as knee and ankle braces, etc.). Items used to prevent slipping on the teeing surface are also allowed. A player is specifically prohibited from using any artificial device that changes the position of the disc in the player's hand or artificially lengthens any of the player's throwing levers (fingers, wrist, arm, shoulder, etc.). The use of devices which assist in determining distances over 10 meters , such as range finders and GPS devices are prohibited. Measuring devices such as a tape measure may be carried and used to determine distances 10 meters and less for the purpose of rules enforcement.
I completely agree with Charles Isaac.
In my opinion too cell phones are going to have be banned soon from disc golf with some of these GPS apps that are out there.
This is a great app, definately cheesy looking, but great for scoring, and keeping history of your rounds.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968