www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm looking for the best course within an hour of Seattle (traffic permitting of course). Auburn or Sumner would be as far south as I would like to go, and about the same distance north. Any ideas?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

both are great courses white river(auburn) can get a litttle backed up sometimes and riverside (sumner) is about to be declared "wetlands area" so the baskets may be getting yanked . so get a round in at riverside asap . 20 minutes farther south you got fort stellicom, another course worth checking out . if you got a big arm check out sea- tac dgc its on the north side of the air port , lake fenwick in kent and n.a.d. and all the goodies on the peninsula ; I'm a south sounder so i"m sure you'll be hearin from the north sound guys soon and they"ll hook you up with the spots up north
Sea-Tac is of the hook. Stellicomth ( not sure on the spelling) but it has 64 holes. But Sea-Tac is one of the best courses I've played
Steilacoom in Tacoma is the best in Washington, and its about 45 minutes from Seattle if I remember correctly.

The basic layout is for two 18 hole courses, the NW course being the better of the two. However, if you meet with a local, there are actually tons of different layouts, and almost all of them are incredible.

Seatac is an incredibly difficult course, and may be frustrating for some players. It is very good, but I believe that Steilacoom hosts better golf holes.
Does anyone know when the baskets are getting pulled at Riverside? I hope to be there within a couple of weeks. Steilacoom sounds like a bitchin' course too, but I don't think that's going anywhere.
You might want to make sure it's even open. That's a home course to a friend of mine. Last time I talked to him (approx a month ago) He said the course got flooded pretty bad and the city/county locked the gate to the parking lot. One other thing to consider about Riverside. Is that it's a pretty confusing layout. So play with a local or go Safari!

Sean Johnson said:
Does anyone know when the baskets are getting pulled at Riverside? I hope to be there within a couple of weeks. Steilacoom sounds like a bitchin' course too, but I don't think that's going anywhere.
riverside is still going . there still is no official word or time line on it"s closing. the gate is still locked so park on the street and walk in. oh yeah there is 5 mapped courses to play at steilly
5 courses at Steilly.....Sounds like heaven. Has anyone played in the Spokane area and can compare how difficult/confusing some of the west side courses are compared to Spokane ones?
Thnaks for the info all...The courses are loaded into the GPS and I am heading there this week and at teh end of the month...I think I am heading to the Setac since its near the airport and on the way..

Scott
Sean Johnson said:
Has anyone played in the Spokane area and can compare how difficult/confusing some of the west side courses are compared to Spokane ones?

The west side ones are generally a bit harder to navigate, but I got around most of them without help. I strongly recommend playing with a local at Steilly, but it wouldn't hurt to have a guide at any other course as well.
When we put in Steilacoom in 1986, we didnt envision the future layouts. Originally, we put in the Pro 18, as well as long and short tees for the amatuers. I always enjoy going back to Steilacoom. However as the course stands now, It can be very confusing finding your way around without a local. I feel that the course should take 2 27 hole layouts . 1 being the Southeast Course and the other being the Pro 27. This would obviously improve the ability to find your way around the courses.
Having just played 4 courses in the area here is my list of those and ranked:

1. White River - What in envision as a true NW course - Huge Cedars, Moss on the trees, forest floor with leaves and water near by - Thanks to Ted for showing me around!
2. Lakewood - I liked this course as it reminded of a few courses from the east coast - pretty easy to follow and see the baskets
3. Seatac 0- NEED a local to show you around! There are certain places where you do not want to end up!! I loved the course and it's length...I will be playing this one again

I was able to hit Seatac and Lakewood in the same afternnon - so they are both pretty close to the airport!

4. North Park - Nice 'corner park with multiple tees and multi use baskets - Pretty confusing but hey you can play safari and its still pretty fun!

I am heading back in a week or two...

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968