www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

what would be the best driver line up for a starter? Beast, Valk, Firebird or what?

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry. Firebird and for what its wworth
As a beginner, you will get almost the same distance with a buzzz then you will with a driver, only a ton more control.  Distance will come with time.

I would highly recommend learning to throw a Buzz (X orESP).  The basics you will learn off this one disc alone will help you understand the flight characteristics of any other disc you put in your hand.  Don't be so big about the distance, that will come once you understand what your body, arm, and wrist needs to be doing. You should be able to throw the Buzz flat and straight, then simple hyzers, high hyzers, flat spanking anhyzers, and big high anhyzers.  Then start looking for a driver.  I think the X or Z Avenger will  continue to train your throw, so you can  graduate to  more overstable drivers.

Good Luck!

SK

A star TL is a T Bird with a Leopard flight.  Super accurate and straight.  Suprisingly good distance.  I love mine
She knows her stuff!
I'm surprised by people saying that Eagles , Nukes , and Destroyers would be great drivers for beginners ? WTF ! You want to start with uderstable discs. I would recommend carrying a Road Runner , SIdewinder and Leopard for drivers. Once those are being thrown flat and turning to the right I would move up to a Tee bird.

how about an XL???

I'd have to agree with Ryan about a Cyclone and Gazelle.  A Gazelle happens to be my favorite disc and is very controllable; this is what you want as disc golf in the end is a game of accuracy.  If a Gazelle or Cyclone are too much for you in the beginning, then go with a stable mid like a Buzzz, Buzzz SS, or a Aurora MS.  You'd be surprised how far you can throw a mid once your form starts shaping up.

If you're truly a beginner, don't go throwing Firebirds, Wraiths, Destroyers, Orcs, or whatever is above a speed 8 disc (especially in premium plastic) or you'll regret it and you'll develop bad form.  Also, a Leopard is definitely an honorable mention.

got it lol
a Firebird is a great beginner disc for overstable drivers (monster, max , blitz, flick); and it is also a great disc to learn how to forehand drive with.
I think its a real versitle disc everyone should at least give it a shot.
got one of those too lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968