www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

what would be the best driver line up for a starter? Beast, Valk, Firebird or what?

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started with the roadrunner.  I would say start with a midrange driver like a Buzzz, but if you want a "driver" then a roadrunner would work great.  once I started to turn it over I switched to a beast, then to a wraith after that.
Star TeeBird or Sidewinder.
UP THE MIDDLE CHEETA  !!
Valkyrie- TeeBird- Eagle-
A Buzzz is a great starting disc.  I gave my brother a Katana and a sidewinder but he did better with the buzz then anything else.
for more distance and speed though?
Roc, Valk, Beast, Leopard, and a AVIAR...WAHOOOO......
I think a beast is a great starter driver.  Also, starfires are easy to handle.
Xpress, XL, Cyclone, XS. Sometimes a midrange works well because they are like both a driver and a putter. Comet, Buzzz, Buzzz SS, or a Hawk are all good midrange discs for a beginner.
I like my Destroyer and NUKE. The NUKE gets great distance. The Destroyer is better and a bit easier to put where I want. I use a road runner on slow BH when I want it to go out then turn left about 100+ ft out. I can't throw far, so I don't throw my Roc for a drive. I got some new drivers, but I haven't got to play with them yet.
Distance is relitive to form moreso then the disc.
I suggest either a gazelle or cyclone. They are versitile, teaching release angles and the height needed to really get d.
Ill also second the forces picks as great suggestions.
Fwiw, the beast would be a control distance driver, the fb your overstable, and valk your max d.
Fb?FWIW?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968