www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A few weeks ago I found myself finishing a round in the dark. Luckily I didn't lose any discs. My buddy had one of those pin light beacons taped to his disc. Which got me thinking of getting a beacon, but also using the Glow disc I own but don't use.
I know some use a camera flash to charge their glow discs. But what about a hand held U/V-blacklight deal? I know there are avid night golfers here, so, what's the best, most affordable method?

Tags: Golf, Night

Views: 2299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peter Kunoff Said

I think that they did make them a long time ago (care to chime in Mr. Ellis?).......I know that my buddy, found a Z glow tracker in a regular stack of trackers at Fly this fall, paid like $14 for it.....ever heard of plastic envy????

Garrett Said
Sorry pk if they had more i would of got you one. But yes they did make Z plastic glow I have One its a tracker which is my favorite driver. I too am a plastic addict and if i must say its fun. I have done both taped lights and glow plastic and found that the LED UV lights work the best. I saw one that i need on the end of a 4Dcell mag lite That one was sweeet
http://cgi.ebay.com/32-UV-LED-Retrofit-Bulb-for-Mag-lite_W0QQitemZ2...

Sweet option for mag lite owners i just bought one
A portable black light that runs on batteries is the best thing I've used to charge a disc. All it takes is one swipe across the top and one across the bottom of the disc and it's fully charged--the entire disc, not just the spot that a camera flash would hit!! You can find these in novelty stores like Spencer's in the mall. Good luck with your night game!!
peter, if you unfortunately have these photon glow discs, i'll gladely take them off your hands. just name a price
LED black light flash lights work the best by far. As far as glow plastic goes Photon is the best but has been discontinued, Champ Glow is second best, Z Glow is third, and innova DX Glow is absolutely horrible
The mini light beacons are the best, I do have some glow discs and bought a 6" AA battery operated blacklight from Ebay for $7, you can get a larger one about 12" at Fred Meyers for about twice the amount.
Visa or Mastercharge.

Of course if anyone would take my IOU's then it would be even easier.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968