www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I got a new number and now I need to change all the numbers on my discs. I know that something like acetone would do the job, but I worry about what kind of chemicals can be used on a disc without messing up the plastic. Any suggestions?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dawn dish washing detergent, warm water and a green scrubby pad. The plastic almost feels grippy when you're done. Cross off your old number and write the new one.
I find that tears from missed putts will fade the ink quite well. Personally I have to rewrite my name and PDGA number on my disc constantly...I play in all conditions and I play 3-4 rounds a week every week....so....I would scratch off the old number and put the new number on it...the old one will fade eventually.
scribble out the old and in with the new!!!!
As far as I know acetone will work just fine and won't ruin your disc. I know it is used to take the Mfg. labels off the front of the disc before dying. Check the disc dying 101 and 102.
K.
Goo Gone will work on DX, Pro and Star. Champ plastic is tuff to clean if the ink has been on there for some time. I used to just black it out or create a design with it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968