www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im looking for a good headwind/windy day disc in general. I throw innova plastic but im open to all suggestions. If it helps I throw about 300-325 on average and I use 167-172 weight range. Thanks.

Tags: Headwind, Windy, discs

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How strong was the wind? Were you throwing into a headwind?

I do like to throw the ESP Predator into a headwind because it will flip up, go straight and then tail off at the end. YMMV.

For your distance maybe a Wraith or a Destroyer would work good, but go with Star or Champ plastic. I like to use Star Boss, but when it is really strong headwinds I will upgrade to a Firebird. You might not like the meathook effect the firebird had when you tested it, but as your game develops you will find Yourself going to those kind of disc more often. 

I was on break at work today and was out throwing spare discs I have in my trunk. A large portion of the parking lot is clear, so I have plenty of room to drive. There was a fair to moderate headwind, which turned the hell out of my hyzer flip backhands with understable plastic. So I got out the heavy artillery: a star Max, Monster, and Xcaliber for some flick action. I was standstill flicking and getting huge flex shots averaging around 300 feet. They would cruise for awhile, especially when the plate of the disc was facing into the wind, but always came back at the end. I think the Monster is 167 while the other drivers are max weight. I don't usually throw those drivers but I was very impressed with their performance!

s/ds destroyers are overstable when they are new champion maxs champion monsters and xcals are stable sometimes or you might try a nuke os

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968