www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im looking for a good headwind/windy day disc in general. I throw innova plastic but im open to all suggestions. If it helps I throw about 300-325 on average and I use 167-172 weight range. Thanks.

Tags: Headwind, Windy, discs

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What do you throw as your nornal disc? Into a head wind, you want to throw a more over stable and or a faster disc. The head wind has the effect of the disc being thrown faster. With a tail wind you get the opposite effect. The disc is traveling slower. An under stable and or slower disc.

My main driver is a DX Boss. I like it but I flip it over in a headwind.

If u like the boss then why not stick w it only in star or champ plastic for added stability. If u need more stability try a higher weight as well.

On windy days I always add my Teerex for sure! but I also always carry these for windy days or an uber hyzer finish: Night shift Orc,  FL, 150 class Flick, Drone, and Gator. I've been messing around with a 166g Ape, but it hasn't been windy enough to really see how it holds up.

Except for my Teerex, I use these other discs all the time. After playing in a wind tunnel for some time now. I find it tends to be my technique and not the disc that suffers in the wind.

XCaliber

ESP Predator

I plan on getting another Boss soon due to the wear and tear of DX plastic. Do you know if the flight patterns change with the different plastics?

The DX plastic is not as stable as the star, which is not as stable as the champ.

And don't forget to grab a kc pro whippet for fairway drives and maybe a hornet for midrange. I also like a star Rhyno for windy day upshots.

It all depends on which way the wind is blowing.

For Drives ? For Upshots ? For Putts ?

For drives. I just tried a champion firebird but that is way too overstable for me. It hyzered out instantly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968