www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Title speaks for itself. What is the biggest pool that you have hit or know that someone else has hit? I got me a $300 hit under my belt. That was probably three years ago so I am way due. Our current pool in league has already been hit twice this year. The first was for about $135 and I turned around just in time to see it get hit. The second was far less. Last year we paid out over $700 total in Ace pool winnings.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We had some money left over at the end of the doubles season and our league administrator decided to pay out that money for out last league day (we were all okay with this though). I want to say it was around $300 but my memory is fuzzy on it. Anyway, he was going to pay out the top 10 finishing spots. Without going into a boring story, my friend Jeremy finally hit an ace (hadn't had one at all during the doubles season) the week before this big pay out game. So that put a kibosh on the game.

This wasn't really relevant i guess, but your story kind of reminded of it.
At least the money didn't get hijacked. I have also thought about how to pay out the remaining ace pool money at the end of the year. Maybe that way we could get a good turnout. However, that might cause problems with people who couldn't show up at the end of the year and have been putting money in the whole time. Easier to carry it over to Spring.
We cap ours at $500. I asked why and was told that at $600, the club is "supposed" to issue the winner a 1099 form. One nice thing is that it is almost $500 year round since the second pool builds up when the first one hasn't been hit yet.
Nice that we're worried about the IRS in league. Isn't disc golf supposed to get us away from such things. Just make sure that no IRS employees play league.
I know right.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968