www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just got a PDGA membership and got the esp stalker with it. Took it out for a test run and really like it in esp. Only problem is its a black disc....tough to spot in the woods or leaves and what not. Just looking for some suggestions to make this disc easier to spot.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Only throw it inside the putting circle.
Not a bad idea, I am quite accurate with a stalker from 20 feet when thrown after missing my original putt......and have never had a problem finding it but it is a blue proto soooooo my only advice is only throw it on open holes
paint it bright pink so you can see it
Your should hang that disc on the wall...cause when you lose it...your going to tell yourself.... "Man I should have just hung that disc on the wall...what the hell was I thinking"

But hey different strokes for different folks...if your digging it and don't want to try another ESP stalker in a brighter color...go ahead and use it. Try to keep out of the thick woods and away from the water....easier said than done though...hard to resist the temptation of a sweet flying disc. Oh Yeah....Get a metallic silver sharpie!!!
Lol i lost mine and should have hung it up!
GPS tracking device.
Get one that isnt black
For years my primary driver was an X-Clone. Unfortunately the best X-Clones ever made were a dull gray. They were not as hard to find as black but were still very difficult. I spent too many hours of my life looking for those discs. I took too many lost disc penalties in tournaments and I spent to many anxious moments looking for them and hoping they wouldn't be declared lost. They flew so great I couldn't give them up until I went to another driver.

Sometimes your disc buries and only leaves a thin sliver of the disc visible. If your disc is a bright, fluorescent color you will find it-maybe easily. If it is a bad color (black and random pattern tie-dyes are the worst) then you need to get lucky or step on it.

Even in the snow a black disc can look like a shadow.

Life is too short to throw black discs. Now I have the opposite problem. My drivers are mostly in the fluorescent pink, red and orange hues. Easy to find in the grass but they look too much alike in my bag. So I keep on searching for them just in a smaller area. No lost disc penalties inside the bag, though.
i like pinks, oranages, and diaglow. They seem to be the easiest to find. However my putter is a black disc. So normally you dont throw a putter over more then probably 100 feet. So i normally dont have to many problems finding it. But if im humming something and its wooded or ever close to some sort of water hazard i like diaglow or oranage.
If you have trouble finding it, consider walling it.That's where mine is. I'm color blind to red and green, meaning I can't see a red disc on green grass. I had a red pro beast that I got in Santa Cruz that I literally couldn't see unless I stepped on it. Fortunately, it was such a great disc it was rarely outside the circle. When it was, I would ask for help.
I had a Pro Tee-Bird for a little while that I had found in a water hazard. I could only assume it was yellow at some point in time. However, the water had turned it in to a camouflaged nightmare. Every time I threw that disc I lost it. Until one day I just didn't find it.
Keep it in the fairway;)

Could someone tell me where ESP stalkers in colors other then black or white are available???

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968