www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you guys think about black disc's or people that throw them?
I personally throw a black star wraith but only on open courses to be polite. Heavily wooded courses seem to eat up these disc's anyway as my only ace disc (which was a black wasp with a misprint howleewood stamp btw) disappeared into the woods.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wont buy dark blue either, too often they go missing in almost any conditions. Sometimes you get lucky with the translucent champion ones but why take a risk? Orange flies further anyway...
Bill said:
I wont buy dark blue either, too often they go missing in almost any conditions. Sometimes you get lucky with the translucent champion ones but why take a risk? Orange flies further anyway...

haha
I don't know about Black, but my Clear Buzzz was the hardest disc to find!! you could be right on top of it and not see it!!

and it took me awhile to finally get some dye on it. clear doesn't take dye very good apparently.

after my friends gave me enough grief for trying to help me look for that thing so many times, I threw a stupid shot at a new course ( Paschal park ) and it got caught WAYYY up high in the trees, never to be seen again :(

so I guess it was destined to be lost regardless of the color. I stick to Reddish colors now if I can.
Some people just seem to be attracted to them. Metal heads and musicians from my own observations
Hahaha! So true. Probably because "it represents me, dark, evil, and depressed like the music I listen to man". Sweet, well have fun being depressed some more while you find it bud.

MonTTeL #794 said:
Some people just seem to be attracted to them. Metal heads and musicians from my own observations
black magic's some of the straightest putters Ive ever owned, then one dinked off pin high in the creek and disapeered, I put it away and bought two more white roc stamped aviars and retired the black loner
At one point during the short time I've been playing the greatest sport ever created, The only disc I had available to play with was a black Elite X Storm. There was a time when I had 10 or so discs available to play with, but without funds to replace any disc I would lose, (and I'm notorious for losing them) that amount slowly dwindled to one, the Storm. I still have this disc, and even I find it hard to believe that I haven't lost it. I still use it on the course because, having acquired more discs, I'm not so afraid of losing it. I admit that it's not the easiest disc to locate in low light or when it rolls it's way into heavy brush, but because it was the only disc I had to play with for quite some time, I developed a knack for controlling where this disc went fairly well.... Long story short, don't invest in a black mid-range or driver. I was fortunate to have kept my disc for as long as I have, but I would lay good money down that says that you won't. If you have to have a black disc, make sure it's a putter.
I wouldn't get brown either. I ordered a floating driver of a website and forgot to put in what color. I got brown. I think it is still floating in the middle of the lake at my local course.
mark ellis said:
You are just asking to lose your disc. I hate it when someone looks at me and says, "Well, I guess we need to start a clock on your lost disc".

I don't even like to throw a yellow disc because it is not easy enough to find. Hot pink, red, orange, bright blue and bright green are the colors I prefer.

For years I drove with X-Clones. The best X-Clones ever made (most overstable) were a dull silver. I spent so many hours of my life looking for those discs. I pray I never find another truly great disc that only comes in a bad color.

We know that some shots have the miraculous ability to bury themselves, leaving only a tiny sliver to be seen. I have found those tiny slivers before in a florescent color which would not have been found in black.

When you throw that black roller and it rolls from sight and you are looking and looking for it, let me ask you this: How do you know it didn't go 500 feet?
Everything Mark said. You might as well be throwing a green tie-dye disc! Which I did once. And lost it on the first throw! Florescent colors don't necessarily floresce for me, so I like to throw baby blue.

Kira likes to throw a black Challenger, which is fine for putting. She drives with it at this really short course we play to practice upshots. When it's off the fairway, it can be pretty hard to find.
I use a 175 Prototype Black Magic. I totally LOVE it! Great for those longer puts. Grips really well.
As far as using a black driver i would steer clear. On a hot day it will turn all soft. Almost like a FLX plastic disc.
All in all. Black is great for a putting bad for anything else.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968