www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

check out the Pinconning Disc Golf Club's photographs of Blizzard Hills. All 18 holes are pictured with details for each. Then get in your car, on your scooter or in your airplane or helicopter and come for a visit. Afterward, please take the time to go to the PDGA course listings and write a review. Also watch for the postings and details of our first sanctioned tournament coming up this September 11th, 2010. When you visit and write the review you should know that the course was designed by Sheila and Terry Calhoun with implementation and revisions by the ground crew Roger Myers, Jim Szyperski and Craig Prime. Also of interest is that this course is the only Public Course in the Saginaw Valley area that DOES NOT receive ANY public funds, park maintenance benefits. The property was donated for the course by Ward Prindle, owner and resident and the entire effort was done with donated funds and 100% donated labor to hand cut all 18 holes through the thick woods and brush. Tee pads are coming yet this year, signage is constantly improving and the course looks better each week. As anyone of you that has maintained or established a course knows, it take TONS of effort. Any volunteers are welcomed, all suggestions are listened to and please, do your best to play one of the toughest courses in the Saginaw Valley.

Tags: basket, blizzard, dave, disc, feldberg, golf, hills, stolen

Views: 13

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe some of the good people on this site could help out. If everybody sent you $5 you'd be up and running again in no time. I would be the first to send you some cash but my unemployment just ran out and I need to find a job (anything but fast food) soon. Looks like a great and well wooded course. Keep up the good work.
as of a few minutes ago it sounds as if something has transpired. I had a call from our treasurer and main force behind ALL of the fund raising that allowed for this course to happen. My voice mail just said "I have good news, call me" so I'm thinking and hoping that some of the local businesses may step up to the plate to help out with enough donations to buy us a replacement. You are right, it wouldn't take many of all our good disc golf friends to make it happen but so many of us are in the same financial boat and ALL courses are in need, especially those that receive NO public funds. I would prefer that Disc Golfers from around the state of Michigan and beyond show their support by trying their best to attend our September 11th tourney, visit the course for a casual round and then after be kind enough to post an honest evaluation on the PDGA course rating page.
thanks for the support and kind words
re: Stolen Basket At Blizzard Hills - Donations buy new basket. It's ordered, paid for and being shipped tomorrow. More details to come as I'm more fully informed. BUT- let's still be on the lookout for the thieves or the basket in their backyard.
18 holes again by Sunday, thanks to Erik Szyperski, owner of PJ's Pizzeria and VP of Pinconning Disc Golf Club.
Yay! Good work, Erik!
I keep thinking about it! Perhaps the end of August I will make it up there!
yes, let's do another Saturday or Sunday gathering
Chippewa Banks DGC stepped up with an offer of one of their old baskets and Saginaw Valley Chain Smokers just informed me that they will be tossing in $25.00 toward the sting and passing a donation hat during Tuesday's Doubles. Yes, the Saginaw Valley is a strong group, supporting disc golf and all of the six great courses we have within a 30 mile radius.
Terry, as it turns out, the local community JUMPED UP TO THE PLATE on this one. Erik only had to make a few calls before 6 local businesses donated enough for a new basket (PJ's Pizzeria included). The community must have heard that the Blizzard Hills Course is an asset to the huge metropolis of Pinconning. you & Sheila MUST come play, let us know when it's possible.
SO many stepped up to the plate to get Blizzard Hills a new basket, many thanks to all including the Pinconning businesses, Saginaw Valley Chain Smokers and Chippewa Banks DGC. I had some thoughts about the reward offered and yes, we would be VERY THRILLED to find the basket and help put a stop to the destruction and theft occurring at many of the disc golf courses around the country, but to reward anyone that supplies the info will have to be withdrawn. My feeling is that if someone comes forth with info, they probably have known of and may have even been a part of the theft and I'll be tied to a basket and pebbled with discs before I reward someone that may have been able to prevent or give us a heads up on the possibility. After all, the fact is that without a doubt our basket was taken by a player that comes to Blizzard Hills, probably a player that I've greeted, thanked and invited back to play the course we've worked so hard on.

So what I propose to the thief or anyone that knows of and can supply any info, do so with NO QUESTIONS ASKED when the basket is returned. Any reward will come in the form of disc golf karma. And I should remind those that work hard for the negative disc golf karma, it's severe. Your game will go to hell, you'll be loosing a bunch of new discs and I wouldn't be surprised if someone was to steal your bag of treasured discs direct from your car or home. Wouldn't that be sad to loose all of your prized plastic ?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968