www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey guys just joined the community. Looking for some advice. I have a halo and a leopard. I have been looking at something straighter but still as long as the halo. When I overthrow the halo it has a tendency to go left and then fall back right. I am thinking a dominator, ape, or maybe a hurricane. When I looked at the dominator I became interested in the blizzard technology but im afraid it wont work as well in wind. Is a heavier weight in a blizzard just a champion? Then for a straight approach I am looking at a heavier leopard unless someone recommends something else. Sorry about all the questions guys but I figure you all know best. Thanks!

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't throw any Blizzard plastic but I have heard from others that the Blizzard Boss is a good disc that still retains its overstability. The only lighter weight disc i have in the bag is a VIP Air Westside King. Same concept. Definitely not a headwind disc but it does well with a tailwind.

So you are saying that they should fly about the same 20 grams heavier?

Yeah I have picked up the game again. I played a lot about three or four years ago and then dropped it. Now I am getting into it again. I have played with a bunch of pro discs and a little champion, but mainly pro. I always try to get a heavier disc if that happens or you need a faster disc. You may be coming over the top also.

150gm. or  more blizzard, ideally with the bubbles spread through out the disc

Are some of them not spread throughout the disc? What should I look for?
Thanks Jim. I have a couple friends that have blizzard bosses so I may give them a shot. If I normally throw 170 or higher for a standard disc would you recommend 150 or higher for a blizzard to have the same stability?

I think that would be a good place to start.

Alright thanks for the advice!

Wayne,

What would you compare the unlace or even the lace to? I'm looking for something straight and long and the lace seems to apply. Can you compare it to the Dominator, Destroyer, or Halo? I understand if you can't. Thanks!

Hey,

So I see your asking about two plastics, but you also say that you want max distance. For the best distance plastic wise. You should consider the Star, GL, and Ti plastics. Those plastics  will give you some added distance due to thier chemical makeup.

Peace!

Well, as far as that VIP Air King goes I threw it the other day further than I ever had on one long hole. Was actually looking at a birdie on the long position. Then a day or two later I once again bombed it longer than I had in a while on another hole. The key is to not "overcrush it". You just need a smooth throw. BTW, the one I have is a 159g. disc. Fantastic for tailwinds, especially if there is a left to right component in it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968