www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has spent any time throwing different weights of the Blizzard discs?  There is such a huge variation of weights now that I'm wondering what the benefits/disadvantages are of throwing super light 132g discs over the heavier 158g discs and vice versa?  I'm definitely sold on the lighter weights already.  I am throwing a 146g wraith much farther than my 172g wraith and w/ less effort.  I'm now looking to buy a blizzard katana, but wondering what weight I should go with?  Any thoughts?  

Thx :)

Views: 300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok this is what I have learned so far, I throw about 350-400 range

156g Destroyer very overstable for me out of all blizzards (haven't thrown the Ape)

135g Destroyer perfect bomber for me, goes dead straight 400 feet

155g Boss a little overstable but for the most part a straight flyer

157g TeeDevil understable and just a little to flippy for me

With the Devil being so understable at a heavy weight, I would recommend buying the katana at a heavier weight as it is even more understable then the wraith and devil.  However if your having a hard time throwing the Wraith straight then you may want to go lighter.

Too flippy can be awesome for throwing backhand over trees. Once it clears a tree it breaks out into a nice S. Go random weight selection and use the disc for what it is capable of.

I have 150+ blizz boss, nice overstable disc for me, ordered a similar weight blizz katana and am hearing that they are more overstable than a boss~ hope not. 

I have been throwing light weight destroyers and they have been great, other than they have been DX plastic and beat up real easy. The good thing has been that the DX plastic has been very consistent. Whether I buy a 150g or a 165g they are going to fly the same with only a small amount of hyzer flip varience.

My buddies have been throwing a lot of Blizz discs and agree that the Destroyer has been the most stable so far. (Waiting on the Ape results still) There has been some varience in the Blizz Destroyer consistency and visually I can't tell what is causing the differneces. I may just buy a few, or if I can identify the variance I'll make a more educated purchase.

I also have some light weight Westside Swords (161g's) and they are moooooney$$$.

Bought a 139g blizzard katana today and very happy w/ my purchase.  I don't think I have the arm for this disc yet, but it still bombs for me.  I definitely feel like this is a disc that I can put some extra muscle into and start increasing my distance.  Crazy how easy it feels to throw and the stability on the disc feels to be dead on for the numbers of the katana.... Love it and definitely recommended in low weights. :)

Katana are very flippy for me!!!!!  My next purchase is going to be the boss!!!! I love the way it just goes and goes!!!!!

The 139g katana I have is very overstable..... I'll trade u hippy ;)
Just saw weights as low as 124g for destroyers!!! Crazy!!!

Tourney package included your choice of 2 discs,picked up a 150 katana and Trac Vibram-174.Still working with both,flippy on the Katana and fading wrong with the Trac, but enjoying both.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968