www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just traded an old disc for a "steady ed" blowfly and im diggn it. obviously its super flippy, just wondering if yall like it or not.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got my first ace with a Blow-Fly - Great disc for a beginner
I loved mine when I first started. It's good those who can't control their putting. If you blow by the basket and leave yourself with a 20ft+ par shot then this disc is great for you. When it lands it sits....almost no chance of a tourney roll. Hits chances and flops into basket. But when your putting gets good you'll find yourself having much more control with other disc. It's a cool disc to have in the bag and it has it's uses.
my friend bought it to improve his putting, welp, didn't work for him. i putted with it one round bc i like to try new discs. i couldn't stand the thing. not firm at all, extremely flimsy.
I just picked up my Blowfly a couple of months ago and so far its a love hate relationship. I've made some what I consider fairly difficult putts with it and I like the fact it doesn't tend to go too far on a botched putt. I hate it when it slaps the chains and decides to jump out on a fairly routine putt. I think Ill treat it just like any of my other discs...just keep using and practicing with it, and if it starts act'n up...throw it at a tree.
I recently bought one for upshots where I want the disc to stick & not roll away. Like on a rooty landing area or angled hillside.

If you hit a tree, it will absorb the hit & flop straight down onto the ground. No deflections.

In throwing it I've also discovered it's ability to hold a pretty decent mid-range length line. Weather it's thrown hyzer, anny, whatever.

For me, it's too floppy to putt with.
Chad Curtis uses them a lot.
I like the blunt gum putt better.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968