www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone ever have someone try to swindle the ace pot from your club by claiming to have had an ace, without having any proof except from their threesome who were all friends? If yes, how did you handle the mess of lies and deception?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Although it may seem like they are shady players, I don't know enough about this story to really think you guys are making sound judgments. Booting them out on suspicion that they may have claimed an ace that never happened? Thats not what this sport is about, we are an inclusive society and I would not boot someone out based on an ace even if they were new.

This situation could have been avoided, new players have a regular in their group NO MATTER WHAT, if anything it helps them learn the rules and proper etiquette associated with league and non recreational play.
Here's a simple solution to the first question: if you're going to have an ace pot, have a random draw for partners and/or groups. If there are shady characters who might pull something like this in your midst, you've got to take away their opportunity.

As for your second question: there is no answer. You pay the man (or woman), and place some safeguards against it happening again in the future.
Did they yell? I would think that would dispell any "claiming to have had an ace"
Every time I hit an ace, I yell my fool head off, and every tourney ace, or mini ace, you practically always hear it, even on the other side of the course. It's a spontanious thang, when it happens, most people show emotion.

I would more concerned with the integrity of the club by refusing to pay it out. Who sent them out on the same card without thinking about the possibilities? In the end, people with deception will eventually try to get over on thier friends, and this little "mess of lies and deception" would show it's true face, then you ban all three.

For what it's worth, I always random draw the cards so this doesn't happen.
They are like jokes but smaller, wouldn't doubt it if his jokes take after parts of his body..ya know his brain and such. ROFL

CBass said:
Why are you here?
joshlotto said:
looks like your feeling guilty for something you did....
Disc nut said:
well, whats the story? or is this just hypothetical
No, it's for real. Some kids tried pulling the wool over our eyes at one of our last meetings. Off in a secluded corner, they claimed it happened, no one else around but the three of them. He told me of it with no emotion in his voice, body language, facial expression, anything. It was blatantly obvious as to what was going on... Needless to say he only received a few bucks.
Jack Davis said:
They are like jokes but smaller, wouldn't doubt it if his jokes take after parts of his body..ya know his brain and such. ROFL

CBass said:
Why are you here?
joshlotto said:
looks like your feeling guilty for something you did....
Well said, Jack. :)
Nope, no yelling of any kind or any enthusiasm at any point. With a $117 dollar prize coming!! I'm just to trusting, Dave. These guys had been out a few times before and I did not see them as that type. More stringent rules from now on.

Nascar Dave said:
Did they yell? I would think that would dispell any "claiming to have had an ace"
Every time I hit an ace, I yell my fool head off, and every tourney ace, or mini ace, you practically always hear it, even on the other side of the course. It's a spontanious thang, when it happens, most people show emotion.

I would more concerned with the integrity of the club by refusing to pay it out. Who sent them out on the same card without thinking about the possibilities? In the end, people with deception will eventually try to get over on thier friends, and this little "mess of lies and deception" would show it's true face, then you ban all three.

For what it's worth, I always random draw the cards so this doesn't happen.
Seeing that they're kids, maybe sit em down and have a serious chat with them regarding what they tried to do. Maybe this might wake them up to how dodgy they tried to be. If they dont pay attention, take it to your clubs committee, they should be able to work out an appropriate punishment.
that sucks and if I knew about it, there would be some consequences. But you have to trust people somewhat, But I aggre with what someone said, Mix up the groups. I've seen friends go out, and they are not that good of players, but to try and win a tourny, they come in from the first round with amazing scores. Naturally, playing with them the second round, you have to realize they are cheating since they cant hold their own to the card their in and their friends are not around. Honesty people!!!!!!!
Gotta wonder what kind of group of friends is so suspicious that you suspect them of this? Any proof they did it or does it just seem unlikely and they were acting all sketch?
Ben Calhoun said:
Gotta wonder what kind of group of friends is so suspicious that you suspect them of this? Any proof they did it or does it just seem unlikely and they were acting all sketch?
And don't worry they'll all get injured in an avalanche, Karma.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968