www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone ever have someone try to swindle the ace pot from your club by claiming to have had an ace, without having any proof except from their threesome who were all friends? If yes, how did you handle the mess of lies and deception?

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

in the end, you're only cheating yourself so...
looks like your feeling guilty for something you did....
Why are you here?
joshlotto said:
looks like your feeling guilty for something you did....
dodgy. Hope your club doesnt find out, If i was on committee id do everything I could to boot you out.
Obviously I'm not talking about myself having done this. You guys are killing me.

Hootie said:
dodgy. Hope your club doesnt find out, If i was on committee id do everything I could to boot you out.
The way you wrote the thread, it sounds like you're asking for advice.... whoever did it should return the money to the club and confess. They MIGHT allow him to stay a member for his honesty.
As much as it would be nice to be able to trust everyone who comes out and plays, there will always be shady people in the world. The best way to handle this is to split up groups of new players or stick a regular in their group that will keep them honest. Another option is to make new players not eligible for the ace fund, or only part of the ace fund, until they've established a certain amount of rounds. This still gives them the opportunity to take home some money, but in cases where you have a big pot, a limit can be put on how much they can win as long as the club has a good records keeping system to track of how many times they've played. The important thing is to make sure that the club has a set procedures in place to prevent this from happening in the first place.
As stated above, don't let shady groups go out alone. Unfortunately there are people in this sport with no integrity. Untill the sport reaches the level of ball golf this will be a problem. Even then it will still most likely be a problem. Mix up the groups.
Hawkins, thats just cruel man
I would've kicked your @$$ for 18 holes lol

Hawkins said:
Tahhh this isn´t for real is it. One time I was working on a hole a disc landed by me I put it in the Basket and hid in the bushes oh man that dude was happy tell I hopped out and told it was not for real HAHAH
well, whats the story? or is this just hypothetical
Hawkins... I could see you doing something like that. As far as the hoodlums... I'd boot them out. There isn't an ounce in me that would let them compete in the ace pot anymore. Unless they confessed.. all three of them...then I'd might think about it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968