www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I own a boss and i love the way it flies. My friend owns a groove and its his favorite disk. I'm just wondering how other people feel about these 2 disks

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they serve two different purposes. the groove is a great long anhyzer and big forehand S disc that performs best in open areas. the boss is straighter with a lot more fade than the groove that works out better in wooded courses.

but who could deny this...

EcoStar Groove
Don't like either ;)
I own both and dont know whatI would do with out them. I throw forehand and I use the boss for long hyzer shots and the grove goes strait with a very minimal fade at the end. Love them both.
You better have a helluva arm or throw forehand to even need a 13 speed disc.

Although I have tried a Boss a couple times and simply crushed huge hyzers out there with it..
Star Boss.
I get a better grip on the Star plastic.
Very humid here in Florida.
I might like a Star Groove...
I own both, but have the arm for neither. I do like the groove for thumbers though.
I like the Groove for thumbers as well as I can't seem to throw this disk the way I want. The big problem is not having enough snap for backhand. Thrown forehand, it is good for me for sidearm flex shots in the wide open.

The Boss (Champion) I didn't like at first...I think it was because I didn't have enough snap for the 175g. I do have one at 165g and I can control it a lot better.

I recently bought an R-Pro 162g Boss and love it!!! I use this for wide open fairways and can bomb it.
The boss is my go to distance disc, perfect for a head wind, or strong cross wind, great speed, long distance capability depending on arm strength and speed. I have a Groove as well, that I found actually (no name), and it can cover some distance as well but more so in the anhyser fashion as Glenn Nowell said previously.
the groove
The Boss is too stable for me combined with that speed expectation. I can, however, toss the Groove a good ways.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968